PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Car Care/Exterior and Interior

djml01miata
01-26-2003, 09:16 PM
I own a 2002.5 Volvo S80 (moondust metallic paint with taupe leather interior). I have had the car for six months and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I presently use Lexol on my leather seats (I have conditioned them only once since purchase.. about three months ago). I also use Pinnacle Car Wax

(carnuba wax) on the car, and I have waxed it twice, the last time about a month ago. For the wheels, I use Meguiars all-wheel cleaner and Meguiar`s Gold Class Rubber/Tire protectant. I live in the South (usually warm and rainy climate). Am I using the best products for my car, or should I make a change?

I have been very satisified with the shine and durability of the wax, but I don`t know if the protection is the best it could be. I am also concerned about the leather interior and if I am doing enough to care for it.

Thanks for your advice!

imported_Intel486
01-26-2003, 09:49 PM
For leather I like to use Pro`s Leather Conditioner and Leather Cleaner. Both smells great and work well. The leather cleaner also does a great job. I`ve used it on some nasty leather before. Some of them were so nasty my towels were coming off the leather dark grey and in the end the leather seats were a different color :D One steering wheel I did had so much dirt on it I didn`t know it was leather!

I`ve done a lot of stuff for wax. Klasse Sealant Glazed lasted me 6 months down here in the heat. It could have gone longer but I stripped my truck. I then started topping it with P21S paste glaze. Right now I`ve got Pro`s Profection on my truck along with a few other product. I have some products on it I`m testing out.

Good to see another person from Louisiana.

Patrick
01-26-2003, 11:14 PM
I have been very satisified with the shine and durability of the wax, but I don`t know if the protection is the best it could be.

I guess if your happy with what you see and feel, why change it, especially if you have the time for frequent applications, (every other month or so with Carnauba`s.) But if your after longevity, you could try Klasse or what I prefer, Blackfire. Dont forget, you can always top the above products with what your using now, for additional protection and looks......Although the Klasse and BF deliver a beautiful product, all by themeselves....

However, Klasse takes multiple applications to get the best benefits......I use and detail with BF 90% of the time......Experiment with a few !:xyxthumbs