PDA

View Full Version : Why not just clay with water while washing ?

Patrick
01-26-2003, 12:40 AM
With all the threads around asking what the best product or trick is to use while claying, I thought to myself, why not just use the water source when your washing ? I have found it very effective. Ive only done this a couple of times so far, but let me explain....

First a high pressure wet down, then a dawn wash, one area at a time, usually from the top down...After Ive washed and rinsed that area, I simply clay with the remaining water beads, ,and rinse again....It leaves the panel virtually free of any clay residual, and if it does, i simply hit it with the sponge again......I mean why wash the car, and clay with a QD, and have to wash again ? Skip the QD or any other homemade product, its right in front of your eyes.......:nixweiss

imported_Intel486
01-26-2003, 01:52 AM
A lot of people do it like that but they use soapy water as lubricant. I don`t think just wanter is slippery enough. Put some soapy water on there and do it again.

imported_BretFraz
01-26-2003, 10:12 AM
As the others have said, clay needs a good lubricant to work properly. Water simply is not slippery enough. I use a soapy mix in a spray bottle but QD`s work fine.

Nagchampa
01-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Just put a few drops of Dawn in a spray bottle.

bigpoppa
01-26-2003, 11:20 AM
The soap adds extra lubricity that makes claying easier, and likely safer, IMO. I like to mix a bit of Z7 and water in a spray bottle.

DaGonz
01-26-2003, 11:26 AM
I wash the vehicle, then make up a fresh solution and clay with soapy water as the lubricant...it works like a charm! :xyxthumbs

Patrick
01-26-2003, 12:28 PM
These ideas are all fine and dandy, but im just trying to cut the steps down to the minimal....Im just saying while the car is already wet, hit it then, then wipe with the sponge again, if necessary.....IMHO, the water works fine all alone, and you dont really pollute the bar with unecessary chemicals, allowing it to remain pure.

Nagchampa
01-26-2003, 01:20 PM
If it works for you then thats all that matters.:xyxthumbs