PDA

View Full Version : Stoner Products

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Intel486
01-25-2003, 07:49 PM
I got my catalogs and am going to order some stuff. Have a good amount of questions. To make it easy just quote this post and remove the quote [Quote.] brackets and bold [B.] brackets and just write your answer below my questions.

Thanks in Advance!

1) I don`t see any tire dressing in 5 Gallon pails. I see More Shine, Less Time Tire Dressing in Aerosol cans but no Tire Dressing. Is their Trim Shine in 5 gallon pails meant for tires too?

2) I smelled a aerosol can of invisible glass in pepboys and it smells a lot like Alcohol. Does it have a strong smell? I have never bought a can to use but I don`t like strong alcohol smell.

3) How well does their Wheel and Tire Cleaner work? Does it work good on tires? Most wheel cleaners don`t seem to clean tires well.

4) How does their All Pupose Cleaner work? They say it can be used on wheels and tires. Does it clean as good as their Wheel and Tire Cleaner? Is it safe to use on paint? They say it is good for bugs so I`m wondering if you can use it on paint. Anyone use it to degrease an engine? How well did it work?

5) Have any of you used their Carpet Cleaner. How well does it work? What types of stains were you able to remove with it?

6) Have you used any of their paint stuff? Cleaner Compound, Clearcoat Compound, Polymer Sealant, and Polish & Seal?

Thanks again! I appreciate all info you can give me about these products!

Escape Artist
01-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Invisible Glass is the best window cleaner I have found. There is an alcohol odor to it, however.

SulVento
01-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

2) I smelled a aerosol can of invisible glass in pepboys and it smells a lot like Alcohol. Does it have a strong smell? I have never bought a can to use but I don`t like strong alcohol smell.

I user the Invisible Glass in conjunction with a MF towel and love it!

It does not (in my experience) leave any lingering odor at all.

thom
01-25-2003, 08:24 PM
the web s ite is www.moreshine.com 5gal pail trim shine 55.oo$ it can clean and shine tires.rubber &vinyl dressing. thanks go satin cream.:wavey

Patrick
01-25-2003, 08:31 PM

I can vouch for the alcohol, it dissapaits rapidly also......but the smell isnt that bad, not bad at all really.......

BumpersPlus2
01-25-2003, 08:48 PM
They can send you the 5 gallon tire dressing. I dont like the MSLT, if sprayed outside, it oversprays in my experience. I got the xenit foam, ok on not real nasty stains, the xenit stain remover is acceptable.

Chuckmotor
01-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by thom

the web site is stonerdirect.com

It may just be my computer, but I can`t find this website. Says it doesn`t exist.

Detailing NY
01-25-2003, 11:30 PM
well i use all of the products

This is what i recomend you do

1. call stoner and get pricing over the phone for the 5 gallon pail of trim shine.(well worth it)

2. Don`t buy the tire cleaner, just get the apc from them. works the same.

order some cans of the trim shine as well, customers love the look it leaves on the front of the dash, just dont use it on the top part, real heavy reflection from sunlight, almost blining.

Escape Artist
01-25-2003, 11:48 PM
This is the website address:

http://www.moreshine.com/

imported_Intel486
01-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by NY detailer

well i use all of the products

This is what i recomend you do

1. call stoner and get pricing over the phone for the 5 gallon pail of trim shine.(well worth it)

2. Don`t buy the tire cleaner, just get the apc from them. works the same.

order some cans of the trim shine as well, customers love the look it leaves on the front of the dash, just dont use it on the top part, real heavy reflection from sunlight, almost blining.

So the all purpose cleaner works just as good as the tire and wheel cleaner. What else do you use the all purpose cleaner on?

Have you tried there carpet cleaner? What are your thoughts on it?

Brad B
01-26-2003, 04:04 AM
I find Invisible Glass to work OK but for the money, nothing better than Eagle One 20/20.

Anyones thoughts?

And Trim Shine....I love it!:up

Tire and wheel cleaner....I use Einmann Fabrik All Purpose Cleaner. Get it by the gallon.:up :up

Chuckmotor
01-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Personally, I like Invisible Glass a lot more than 20/20 because it`s aerosal and it seems to be easier to wipe completely off. At Pep Boys, Invisible Glass is between $3 and $4, and if I remember, it`s priced about the same as Turtle Wax`s glass cleaner. At NAPA, 20/20 is about the same price.

As for the five gallon Stoner products, I`m a little confused. Aren`t all their products aerosol? The Trim Shine, for instance... how can you have a 5 gallon pail of an aerosol product? If it`s not aerosol, then what`s the point? The main attraction to Stoner products is the ease of use due to it`s easy aerosol application.

MnRiverman
01-26-2003, 12:03 PM
I have Invisible glass and it is one of the best I have used. So easy to use and no streaking left over.

The More Shine Less Time for Tires is what I use for my tire dressing, although it`s just an aerosol spray. It works wonders and lasts a long time and is so easy to apply.

The Trim shine I find kind of repetative if you have more shine less time for tires. I use the trim shine on my engine, but the MSLTFT works just as well. I don`t use trim shine on my dash because it`s too greasy for me, I use megiuars gold class something for that (not sure what it`s called).

imported_Intel486
01-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Mainly wanting to know if Trim Shine is fine for tires.

Is MSLT the same thing as trim shine?

I think for glass cleaner I`ll just stick with Pro`s Aerosol Glass Cleaner. Doesn`t smell, cleans easily, and no streaks even in the sun.

Right now I think I`ll get the Trim Shine and the all purpose cleaner.

Chuckmotor
01-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by adg44

I use the trim shine on my engine, but the MSLTFT works just as well. I don`t use trim shine on my dash because it`s too greasy for me, I use megiuars gold class something for that (not sure what it`s called).

I would think that Trim Shine would have way too much silicone to use on the engine. Anybody else like to varify that?

I agree that on the dash, Trim Shine is too greasy. But it`s great for shining up those areas that are hard to get to, like air vents. Like someone else already said, you don`t want to put it on the dash, but on the console area it`s ok.

Originally posted by Intel486

Mainly wanting to know if Trim Shine is fine for tires.

I`ve sprayed it on my tires before and it obviously works, it`s just not the greatest. It doesn`t seem to last too long, and it`s shine is kinda dull and lackluster. If I remember correctly, it`s doesn`t have a really deep black look that I think tires need in order to look good.