PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Thought I`d introduce myself.

imported_Faceman
01-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Hello,

I`ve just signed up to this forum and I`m amazed by the amount of experience and information here. This is exactly what I have been looking for! I`ve looked through a few posts and everyone seems pretty friendly and very helpful.

My name is Matthew and I`m 32. I live in Norwich, England with my fiancée Claire, and my pride and joy is a 2002 RenaultSport Clio 172 2.0 in metallic Pearl Black.

I`m really into keeping my car clean and sparkly, and at the moment using the consumer line of Meguairs products (GC car wash, GC wax, applicator pads, utimape wipes and scratch X) and I`m not unhappy with the results, but I want to make my car look even better.

My main problem is the car is covered in fine swirls. The swirls haven`t really got worse over time, so I don`t think I`m making them myself. I`ve tried using Scratch X, but without much success, although it did leave the paintwork feeling very smooth.

I can`t find many `professional` products to use in England, although our Meguiars distributor has just about the entire meguiars line in stock. the thing is they cost about 3 to 4 times the price compared to the US costs (for example, I pay the equivalent of $16-17 for an Ultimate Wipe, whereas they only cost $5.99 in the US!!!!).

Meguiars UK have sent me the Professional Surface Care product guide, and I was thinking of buying the following products (I dread to think how much this little lot is going to cost me :eek: )

Swirl Remover 2 (No. 9)

Show Car Glaze (No. 7)

Hi-tech Yellow Wax (No. 26)

Is this a good choice for a metallic black clear-coat finish? Would the swirl remover really help to get rid of the swirls - I don`t mind putting the effort in to get great results!

I`ve read about P21S - is this a Meguiars product? What exactly is it and what does it do?

I hope someone can offer me some advice and I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Faceman

Nagchampa
01-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi Faceman! Welcome to Autopia.:wavey I believe the P21S / S100 line originates in germany. If I recall correctly, Dr. Wack is the company that started the line. Don`t know if this helps, but there are several Brits on this forum that might be able to help you. Good luck:xyxthumbs

imported_Intel486
01-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Welcome to Autopia!

Those Meguiar products are good choices. The #26 works well. Make sure you apply a thin coat and don`t let it haze too long or it`ll be somewhat difficult to buff off.

P21S is a good wax. I really like it. Only lasts about a month though but it is worth it for its deepness.

Lowejackson
01-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Faceman, welcome to Autopia :up It is great to see another Brit here (I think there are quite a few of us now)

The Meguiars Pro stuff is very good and is meant to be much better than the consumer lines. As for P21S, it is a bit more complicated. P21S is now the name of a series of products sold in the USA. In the UK we can buy the original line of products made by Dr OK Wack from www.iauto.co.uk The USA stuff is different as they have wax (S100 etc) which was never sold by Wack. The Iauto stuff is very good as is the Meguairs Pro range.

Do a search on Wack.

In the UK we can get many USA products like 303, Eagle One, Luster Pads, Gummi Phledge (from BMW dealers) etc etc.

Download the ebook from the front page site, the first 8 chapters are free, the book itself is very very good and offers great guidence on many things cleaning related.

Dont discount firms like Autoglym, they offer good products that are very easy to get here.

Get the right products and learn how to use them and your car will soon look perfect.

Steven

imported_Faceman
01-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys...

Forgot to add that all these products will be applied/removed by hand... are they suitable for this?

LOWEJACKSON:

Where abouts are you in the UK? The weather was just on and looks like Norfolk will be around 13-15 degrees tomorrow. hould be able to get the car clean again. Spent all afternoon doing my dad`s vw transporter... he was well pleased when it was done though... have you tried meguiars GC Extreme tyre dressing? i think it`s great, also worked a treat on my dad`s black plastic bumpers.

Faceman

Hawkeye_TDI
01-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Welcome Faceman,

This site is awesome, the people here are extremely helpfull. I have learned so much just by reading threads. You would be hard pressed to find bad advise here.

Happy detailing!

Bruce

Lowejackson
01-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Faceman, I am in Cumbria, I hope you managed to get some cleaning done today. It rained here all day :(

Profesional grade products really require the use of a machine for best results, having said that, some do apply this stuff by hand, so it might be worth a try.

Steven