PDA

View Full Version : ?? Z2 and Z5 difference in shine over GEPC

moolman
01-24-2003, 04:52 AM
Hi,

I just used Zaino for the first time, I washed the car (no dawn) at a car wash. clay with Z18, GEPC with a PC. z6 and applied 3 coats of Z5 w/ZFX. My question is will applying Z2 make it look more shiny or better or is it not worth the money. When I was buying Zaino from Ira at W. LA he said they look practically the same so why not get the one that can fill the swirls or scratches. So anybody have a different opinion. I have a new Accord so it didn`t have any swirls or scratches.

Thanks

Alex

autohubgroupph
01-24-2003, 07:17 AM
What color is your new Accord? On darker colors, some people notice a difference in how it looks between Z5 and Z2. On Lighter colors, Z2 may make the vehicle look brighter, especially if it is metallic. Will you notice a difference or like Z2 better? I can`t say as each have their own opinion of Autopia. Is it worth trying? If you have the spare $ and time, sure.

bigpoppa
01-24-2003, 08:34 AM
what color is the car? on white, I have found that Z2 looks a bit better, while on black, Z2 looks somewhat worse.

moolman
01-24-2003, 03:10 PM
The color of the car is dark grey.

Also, when I apply just one coat, I don`t need to use ZFX anymore right, only ZFX if I need to apply multiple coats.

Alex

imported_memnuts
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
ZFX is only necessary for the initial coat if not using Z1, to apply multiple coats in one day, or to decrease drying time especially in humid and/or cold climates.

Hawkeye_TDI
01-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Did you wash after GEPC? If not I would be interested in how long the Z lasts. There are those who believe the cross linking will be compromised with GEPC, SEPC, or IHG, thus affecting the bonding of Z. I am currently conducting a test with IHG. If it ever gets warm enough I`ll wash it and post my observations.

Bruce

moolman
01-26-2003, 05:50 PM
After GEPC, I just sprayed down with Z6. I didn`t even dawn wash the car. I`m willing to bet it makes no difference GEPC would get rid of any wax on the car and it seems to leave a clean surface. Also the Z6 should get rid of some residue. I put on 3 coats of Z5 and I`m going to finish with 3 more coats of Z2. Since most people put on at least 5 coats, it should last a very long time. I`m a first time Zaino user and I`m very impressed with it. I even bought a can of p21s wax but will never use it since I like zaino so much. My previous experience has been Concours, Vintage, and Carbon Zymol waxes and the comsumer and professional line of Meguiars. My girlfriend immediately commented the car look better after zaino compared to when I first waxed my car with Meguiars paint cleaner, #7 and #26 2 weeks ago.

Alex

JasonC8301
01-26-2003, 07:21 PM
I ordered from LA Zaino too, Ira was nice on the phone, not pushy. I just needed the Zaino faster since I was on the west coat, and it was right near the Holiday season so mailing a check to Sal would have been a little too late.

I use both Z-2 and Z-5. I find Z-5 does little to nothing for "light" swirls in terms of covering them up, but if you get the paint swirl free or almost (there are always one or two very light swirls I find even in a car I detailed) to that state then Z-2 will be good (I actually like that coated in glass type of look) and Z-5 when you get some very very very very light swirling in the Zaino itself. Then the Z-5 should cover those up. I read somewhere on this from Sal was coming out with a swirl remover.....

I would follow the directions as included with the Zaino from Ira. It says somewhere in there to use ZFX every so often just like Z1.

A can of P21S you will never use, willing to part with it? PM if interested...... I am about 3 hours away from LA.

Jason