PDA

View Full Version : What`s the next step... stupid rain.

TristanCSI
01-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Ok, so the other day I washed the car, and did a quick wax job with Meguirs cleaner wax.

Very happy with the results, given the condition of the car.

Now it`s been raining for the last several days.

How do I take care of this, once the rain stops? Complete re-wash and wax? QD?

Thanks for the advice, oh automotive cleanliness gods.....

imported_edschwab1
01-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Re-wash and QD, you be good to go.

Eric

TristanCSI
01-22-2003, 07:33 AM
So there`s no need for me to re-wax? My rewashing of the car will pretty much be washing off the wax, which then benefits from a QD?

offcenter
01-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by TristanCSI

So there`s no need for me to re-wax? My rewashing of the car will pretty much be washing off the wax, which then benefits from a QD?

If you are using a good car wash solution, it will not remove the wax. If you use dawn dishwashing detergent or other strong cleaners, it will remove the wax. So, what are you using to wash the car?

TristanCSI
01-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Meguires Crystal... something. It`s at home, and I`m at work.

Big pink bottle? :confused:

Thanks for the tips... This has been a long process.

big daddy
01-24-2003, 05:36 PM

Now it`s been raining for the last several days.

Rain? Be thankful it isn`t snow!

Snow -> Salt Trucks -> Sand + Salt --> Big Mess

Nagchampa
01-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by pringle

Rain? Be thankful it isn`t snow!

Snow -> Salt Trucks -> Sand + Salt --> Big Mess And its even worse where I live. Since I live in a tourist town, the city feels the need to use three times the salt for the slightest snowfall. It doesn`t help that it has snowed practically every three days since Christmas.

imported_Intel486
01-25-2003, 12:41 AM

If you want to re-wax, then go ahead but it probably didn`t take all your wax off.

Do you live in an area where they salt the roads? What I`m asking is your vehicle covered with salt? If so, then you might want to rewax b/c the salt can weaken the wax.