PDA

View Full Version : Cant hardly wait

breakneckvtec
01-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Its killing me, I want to start detailing but its too damn cold here in NJ right now. Got the PC and everything ready to go, just need some warmer weather. The other thing bothering me is I know my wax is worn off to almost nothing by now and I am worried about the deteriation of my paint. Cant wait to klasse her up good. I am going balls to the wall, aside from the paint detailing I am cleaning the engine, taking the rims off and doing the insides of them and the outside of course, complete interior all with Meguiars wipes and a vacume, windows inside and out, trunk, and some mag polish on my exhaust. I cant frigin wait, I want her to shine. I hope the assault my paint is taking from winter is minimal and will hold out till I can take car of it. I need some re-assuring words.:(

Rae
01-20-2003, 01:30 PM
<grin> I`m feeling your pain! I`m gathering everything to use.. and it`s -5 out there.

*sigh* I think it`s a conspiracy.

But I don`t think that your car`s really going to sustain *that* much more damage with a bit more of a wait. I figure my poor car`s only been washed for most of its 10-year life... *maybe* waxed twice in the 4 years that I`ve owned it and it`ll still look amazing with the right attention to its finish. I`m sure of it! ;)

If my car`s clearcoat can manage 10 years of unwaxed neglect in New England, your car`ll probably be juuuust fiiiine for a few more weeks.

tupsliats
01-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah, it`s rough this time of year. Oh wait, it`s 65 right now! LOL! Just kidding. Winter lasts about 3 weeks here it seems. We`ll be paying for it when the heat really cranks up and I won`t be laughing for long. ;)

nate010753
01-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Well today it got up to 32 a bit too cold to wax but certainly warm enough to wash the car compared the last week and the week ahead. Hey you have to seize the moments while you can. :bounce

Ktulu
01-20-2003, 10:02 PM
I think it was in the 50s today. I started sweating while working.