PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One`s Tire Dressing

imported_Intel486
01-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Does anyone have a link to a store that sells the Eagle One Tire dressing in a 5 gallon bucket for $50?

I`d also like to know some stuff about this product.

1) What is the best way to apply it?

2) How long does it last?

3) Does it leave brown streaks on the tire?

4) Does it fling off?

5) Will it last through a heavy rain?

6) Will it last through having the person just drive through a small puddle?

Thank you!

Brad B
01-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

Does anyone have a link to a store that sells the Eagle One Tire dressing in a 5 gallon bucket for $50?

I`d also like to know some stuff about this product.

1) What is the best way to apply it?

2) How long does it last?

3) Does it leave brown streaks on the tire?

4) Does it fling off?

5) Will it last through a heavy rain?

6) Will it last through having the person just drive through a small puddle?

Thank you!

EO Satin tire dressing is one of my top two favorite tire dressings. I don`t know of it`s availability in bulk quantity.

1. Saturate a EO curved wipe and apply that way.

2. A week.

3. Never.

4. No.

5. Most times, yes.

6. Absolutely.

imported_Intel486
01-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Thanks Brad.

I know one of their Tire Dressings is available in a 5 gallon jug but I don`t know which one. I`m sure someone has a link as I forgot to bookmark it when I saw it... or lost it in my massive favorites folder.

iceman
01-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

EO Satin tire dressing is one of my top two favorite tire dressings.

I thought this was discontinued and replaced with EO Interior/Exterior Protectant? Has anyone tried the new EO Protectant lotion for tire dressing? If it has UV protection, I may want to try it instead of 303 to get a slightly glossier appearance or maybe over 303.

imported_Intel486
01-19-2003, 08:15 PM
What different product lines does Eagle One have?

I`ve been searching the net and also this forums trying to find the link and I can`t.

It was a webpage that sold a lot of Eagle One Products and they were in gallon jugs. They had the tire dressing in a 5 gallon jug.

Anyone have that link?

mark2003
01-19-2003, 08:45 PM
What is better, eagle one or meguiars endurance??

imported_edschwab1
01-20-2003, 05:39 AM
Intel,

Just call Eagle One, PM E36 M Sedan (he is EO Rep) or look in the phonebook for the local Valvoline distributor. Also PM Bretfraz I recall seeing a picture of EO Prodetail stuff in one his posts. I found two reference to EO Prodetail when searching on google one was eo and the other car wash.com. Neither were a big help.

Eric

Brad B
01-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by mark2003

What is better, eagle one or meguiars endurance??

I certianly like it a lot better!:xyxthumbs

imported_BretFraz
01-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by iceman

I thought this was discontinued and replaced with EO Interior/Exterior Protectant? Has anyone tried the new EO Protectant lotion for tire dressing? If it has UV protection, I may want to try it instead of 303 to get a slightly glossier appearance or maybe over 303.

I have E1 I/E and like it a lot. Its virtually the same product as Satin Finish aka Concours protectant and dressing. It is definitely glossier than 303 and plenty cheap - look for it at Kmart. I bought it for about $4 a bottle. A great value.

iceman
01-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

I have E1 I/E and like it a lot. Its virtually the same product as Satin Finish aka Concours protectant and dressing. It is definitely glossier than 303 and plenty cheap - look for it at Kmart. I bought it for about $4 a bottle. A great value.

What`s the durability of EO I/E Protectant and does it brown? We get a lot of rain here.

Chuckmotor
01-20-2003, 09:37 PM
They have a couple different tire dressings available in 5 gallon jugs. I have Eagle One`s High Gloss Tire Dressing, which is good stuff.

Questions answered:

1) First, I always at least spray on degreaser on the tires before washing the car. After that, you can either a)wash your car, dry off the tires, then spray on the dressing, then dry off the car, b)wax, spray dressing on tires, buff off wax, or c) spray on applicator and apply.

2) It lasts a pretty good amount of time... It`s hard to say exactly... a couple weeks, maybe more. It`s better than almost anything else I`ve used

3) I`ve never encountered brown streaks, but like I said, I degrease the tires with EO degreaser diluted about 1:6.

4) Like any dressing, some fling will occur if you don`t buff off the excess. I buff before driving, or I let it sit overnight.

5) It`s lasted through some heavy stuff I`ve driven through. But no dressing is perfect... it`s still much easier to apply than gels and goo.

6) A small puddle? Haha, no problem at all.

It really sticks to that tire and shines them up. EO also has another dressing available in 5 gallon called Blue or something, and it`s not quite as glossy and lasts about the same (they claim it lasts longer, which may be why it costs more). They also have MaxGloss, a waterbased dressing that I dilute 1:2... but I mainly use that on my engine. It`s not as glossy as either of the two mentioned above, and it doesn`t last as long on tires. But since it can be diluted and it`s water based, it`s more versatile. I only need a gallon of that, and since it can be diluted, a gallon lasts me a long time.

By the way, I buy all my products locally from a car detailing company here in town. I haven`t seen a single place on-line that has these products available, and I`ve looked.

Hope that answers your questions! Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.