PDA

View Full Version : CMA pc pad`s

Fallz
01-17-2003, 12:13 PM
I want to get some more pad`s and I thought I would try CMA`s. They state that they are 7.5" . My PC is set to use 6" backing plate.

Can I use these ? Is this what everyone uses when buying CMA ?

Otherwise steer me in the right direction on what to order...

Thank`s

Fall

Iconoclast
01-17-2003, 12:42 PM
If you need the backing plate I suggest buying the DM-KIT which includes:

One 6 inch Velcro Back-up Plate

One 6 inch Lambswool Compounding Pad for leveling very rough surfaces (the Lambswool pad is also used as a cushion under the

terry bonnets)

One Yellow Cutting Pad for leveling and restoring older, oxidized finishes

Two white polishing pads to maximize gloss.

One gray finishing pad for producing an ultra high gloss with your favorite liquid wax or protectant.

Two 6 inch terry bonnets for buffing.

This is what I bought, as you can see all pads are six inch. I don`t think CMA sells any 7.5" pads for the PC. You can`t go wrong with the ones from CMA (manufactured by Lake Country). If you do a search you`ll see the general consensus for CMA or Meguiar`s pads

70fastback
01-17-2003, 01:11 PM
I received my DM-KIT from CMA a couple of days ago just in time for the coldest days of the year in the panhandle of Florida. I measured all of them and they are all 6".

Fallz
01-17-2003, 03:46 PM
I have been using my PC awhile with Meg`s pad`s 6". All I want is to try CMA`s pad`s. I don`t need any kit`s or anything just pad`s.

The one`s I saw were called Advanced PC Pad`s. They say 7.5" unless I`m misunderstanding something or looking at the wrong one`s.

Accumulator
01-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Fallguy- The 7.5" pads are new (note to others: check the CMA website). Previous CMA pads were SO close to 6" that some of us worried (perhaps unnecessarily) about hitting the finish with the backing pad. I myself usually used pads from Griot`s because they were a little bigger than CMA`s. Now I`m looking forward to trying the new CMA ones.

I sincerely doubt that you`ll have any problems (e.g., excessive vibration) with these pads and a 6" backing plate. Especially considering that (as far as I know) PC backing plates/counterweights are only available in 5" or 6" and anyhow, Terry from CMA knows his stuff. If you DO have a problem, I`m sure he`ll make it right.

imported_ThreeSixT
01-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Get the DM-DLX kit...best deal for the $$$ and cost of shipping. :xyxthumbs

Fallz
01-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Once again !! I don`t need a kit. I was just wondering about the pad`s. The website say`s 7.5" pad`s for the PC & just wondering about the pad`s and the size.

Accumulator, Thank`s for the info . I`ll call Terry @ CMA to see what he say`s. I don`t think I`ll get vibration ,but will check into it.