PDA

View Full Version : 1st time QEW...wow

tj98cobra
01-17-2003, 07:46 AM
I tried QEW (Quick and Easy Wash) for the first time on the wife`s car. Flipped on my little heater in the garage. It was about 10 degrees last night. Her car was nasty dirty from salt etc. I used 2 buckets, maybe I should use 3 next time. Results were amazing. The look on my face was similar to my Avatar! :shocked.

Coated it was a quick Z and she`s on her way. Great stuff. No more freezing my buns off at the spray and wash places! I`m placing my order for a 55 gallon drum of the stuff! Ha:xyxthumbs

TJ

Jademonkey
01-17-2003, 10:42 AM
where do you buy QEW?

tj98cobra
01-17-2003, 10:57 AM
I bought from a local RV/Camping Supply store by me.

Check out http://www.protectall.com/ they have a listing of local retail places or you can buy off their website.

TJ

Scottwax
01-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ejant

LOL I hope not.

:nono: It isn`t nice to make fun of homely people!:p

imported_Intel486
01-17-2003, 06:10 PM
I bought a gallon from Camping World. Think it was $29 at my door.

Here`s a link http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?deptID=2&subOf=12&prodID=1545&src=TSC

Rob_K
01-17-2003, 06:50 PM
This stuff is 40 bucks a gallon on their web site. Might be cheaper to buy from a distributor.

shaf
01-17-2003, 07:16 PM
The Protect All website should have a list of dealers in your area. www.protectall.com

TurboCat
01-17-2003, 07:26 PM
I`m getting some of this stuff tomorrow morning, there is an RV dealership (Camping World) that sells it about 15 miles from here. I can`t wait to use it!!! :bounce

jcattarulla
01-17-2003, 08:12 PM
I just ordered some from campingworld- the weather in nyc is 20 degrees, and my garage will let me do this there, but a hose and lots of spray it out of the question.

I have salt all over my black beauty bmw- is this lubricating enough to get salt off safely?

TortoiseAWD
01-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by jcattarulla

I just ordered some from campingworld- the weather in nyc is 20 degrees, and my garage will let me do this there, but a hose and lots of spray it out of the question.

I have salt all over my black beauty bmw- is this lubricating enough to get salt off safely? If there`s a wand-wash nearby, take it there and pressure wash off the majority of the salt and dirt (using rinse only), then drive back to your garage and do up the QEW. This is what I do, but I`m also fortunate to have a spray-bay type of wash about 1/2 a block from my apartment. This approach might not work very well if the drive to the nearest wash is very long . . . YMMV.

Good luck fighting the salt demons,

Tort

nate010753
01-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Hey jcattarulla not sure where in the city you are but if you are in NorthernManhatten or the Bx. there is a hand wash place in Yonkers on McClean Ave which is right on the border of the Bx. I was there yesterday and took back roads home so that the highyway`s didn`t whip the salt and snow back on my car. They sued a QD when I got to my garage and it worked out great. But I def wouldn`t just have used a QEW or QD staright away without hosig off the majority of the gunk first. Another thing I am doing this season is using a Garden Sprayer to hose the body off. The pressure is surprisingly strong. May want to get one of them.I got mine at HD for liek $20.