PDA

View Full Version : From the makers of how do you close your door...

Pages : [1] 2

YoSteve
01-16-2003, 12:25 AM
It`s winter time, so I wonder how you clean your shoes before entering your car. Any unique methods?

I definately use my snow brush to brush snow off my shoes, but what else do you do?

On a side note, after I wash my car normally, I get in the car without touching the floor and drive it in and get out (still not touching the floor of the car).

Nagchampa
01-16-2003, 01:35 AM
I hop up on the seat backwards, I make a wish and click my shoes together 3 times then pull them inside the vehicle.

jerry@robs
01-16-2003, 01:49 AM
that`s what I do too, when I was still in New hampshire...

but of course, having weathertech mats solved the slush-in-the-cockpit problem hehe...

nate010753
01-16-2003, 08:49 AM
I used the same heal clicking technique and also invested in the weathertech floor mats. They are great mats. I admit I had to take my dremel to the baked on red paint it just didn`t match my interior. :xyxthumbs

CharlesW
01-16-2003, 11:34 AM
There was quite some discussion on this not long ago. One of the posts that I remember mentioned a brush that was more or less intended for removing the snow from shoes and boots. It also seems that I remember AlBoston was the one that had that particular brush. Most people just banged their feet together befor putting them in the car. I did a quick search and didn`t find it, but I never can find anything.

Charles:wavey

Jngrbrdman
01-16-2003, 11:47 AM
I remember that discussion. It seems that someone even has special driving shoes that they wear in the car so that dirt never really ever touches their drivers side mat.

We haven`t had any snow this year for me to walk through so it hasn`t been an issue for me. I have to admit that I don`t usually go through any great pain to get the snow off my shoes before I get in. My priority is to just get in the car. I`ll vacuum it out later. This is why I have floor mats that can be replaced if they get ruined. Somethings are just going to get dirty no matter how hard you try to keep them clean. I`ve accepted that my floor mats are one of those things. My OCD only goes so far. ;)

rd_volvo
01-16-2003, 12:01 PM
1- open door

2- kick rear tire [ tread area ] w/ right foot

3- kick rear tire [ tread area ] w/ left foot

*** stand tippy toe after each kick to minimize snow ***

4- jump in

CharlesW
01-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by rd_volvo

1- open door

4- jump in

Did you ever notice all the people pointing at you as you "tippy toe" along the side of the car?

Charles;)

imported_Intermezzo
01-16-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by YoSteve

On a side note, after I wash my car normally, I get in the car without touching the floor and drive it in and get out (still not touching the floor of the car).

Haha, this is a vintage YoSteve thread! :up

Not sure what I`d do if it ever snowed in LA, but I usually lay down a few sheets of newspaper after I wash the car. If I forget the paper, then I take my shoes off.

CharlesW
01-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ejant

I think this is the thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17770&highlight=shoes+snow+knock)

That`s it. I have no idea how I got AlBoston out of Shiny Little Detailer. SLD was the one that posted about the brush.:o

Charles

rd_volvo
01-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Did you ever notice all the people pointing at you as you "tippy toe" along the side of the car?

Charles

Nah! I`m Too Dam Fast !!

YoSteve
01-16-2003, 08:23 PM

Charles

Nah! I`m Too Dam Fast !!

I would surely slip and fall.

jerry@robs
01-16-2003, 08:33 PM
It would be funny if you open your trunk, sit in it, remove shoes, place them in a plastic bucket/container, then crawl through the folding seats barefoot to the driver`s seat... That should work for vans, SUV and wagon owners hehe

Taxlady
01-16-2003, 08:47 PM

1- open door

4- jump in

I don`t think that would work well enough here in Quebec. I`m not worried about dirty floor mats - dirty winter mats are a given. I worry about melted snow in quantities that it will slosh. I worry about wet treads on my boots that will make my foot slip off the brakes ;)

Lemonxxs
01-20-2003, 02:47 PM
No such thing as snow here:D

SO no problems........:xyxthumbs