PDA

View Full Version : The "real" concern about car care.

Pages : [1] 2

Knight
01-15-2003, 04:28 PM
I have come to a conclusion about car care. It is simple, but I think overlooked by some. Most worry so much about polishing, waxing, products, etc. Which is important. Though, not as important or even close to being as important as WASHING YOUR CAR. Though, let me break it down for newbies and people that have not come to this conclusion.

You can do all the perfect polishing in the world and have a perfect finish.

- Though, how often will this be done? Once, Twice, three times a year? Not very many times.

-You can wax the car. Once or twice a month? maybe three times?

- Though, it can be scratched just as your clear coat.

This leaves the remander of ALL your detailing efforts into washing inbetween those steps for the paint. My point is, the amount of times you polish and wax your car does not compare mostly to the amount of times you wash your car. This being said, one should take more thought and care into washing and the procedures to wash.

Car washing is the most important thing when taking care of your car. It always has been. Some have lost sight of this, by just re-using wash mits after previous washings and slopping through it to get to waxing.

I come to you and say NO, No ladies and gentlemen, it is a time of car wash concerns. Say it with me now! For all those newbies abroad, let us rejoice.

ohhhh I cast that wash mit into the washing machine EVERY damn time, after I wash my car or anyone elses car.

ohhh yes, and those towels two Sepppperatly sometimes... EVERYTIME!

No towel nor tool will be left unclean. oohhhhhh LORD

Only one bucket you say? Ohhh hell nooo, two or three or more. EVERY time. every time say it with me.

I will not use only one wash tool for different areas. A glorious amount of colorful tools... EVVVVERY time.

I will use the perfect drying technique EVVVEry time! oh every time.

and you will use back and forth strokes on horizontal surfaces for drying and washing, and up and down strokes for the vertical panels EVEry TIME. ohhh yes ladies and gentlemen there are no different strokes for differnt folks when it comes to washing. evvery time.

Ohhhh LORDY, EVvvVERY TIME you will have reduced scratches, and scuff marks tremedously. By following this will, you will have polished easier and waxed easier and by golly made your paint and life easier Evvvvery Time.

Having said that be carfeul and wash your car with extreme care. Any questions on what how to wash your car properly let me know and we can all share some good ideas.

:up

Nagchampa
01-15-2003, 04:31 PM
I`m starting to worry about you.

Knight
01-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I was board. Plus right. lol

C. Charles Hahn
01-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Nagchampa

I`m starting to worry about you.

and also, are or were you in a past life by chance a Baptist Preacher in Southern Georgia?

Knight
01-15-2003, 04:38 PM
LOL, I thought it was fun. Good information.

Oh and itsa meeee SLD. I think you need to proof read your name.

I think it`s LSD. LOL

Jngrbrdman
01-15-2003, 04:50 PM
(sigh) :rolleyes: I seriously think you are beyond help from any professional. There is medication out there that might help though.

Knight
01-15-2003, 04:54 PM
I think shiney lil detailer can help me with that. wink wink LOL

shaf
01-15-2003, 06:41 PM
I think that post pretty much sums you up. :rolleyes:

Also, newbies shouldn`t preach to newbies....

Jngrbrdman
01-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Amen, brother! :D

safetyman2010
01-15-2003, 06:48 PM

You should hear the nonsense this guy has been going on about on another forum. He seems like a nice kid but is really spaced out and like someone here said - beyond help.

Redcar GUY
01-15-2003, 07:42 PM

give the man a hammer, he hit the nail this time:up

:rolleyes:

SulVento
01-15-2003, 07:50 PM
*blink*

:bounce

Taxlady
01-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Sorry, some of us prefer to wash "with the air flow", not up and down on vertical panels. I think it`s Zaino that you put on up and down on vertical panels.

Tim Lingor
01-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Is anybody else getting a headache yet???:D

jimmybuffit
01-15-2003, 08:48 PM
I`m still smilin` about the newbie to newbie thing...:argue

Jim