PDA

View Full Version : Getting Zaino in Canada

Pages : [1] 2

416 Auto
01-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey whats up guys. I live in Tornoto Canada and I was wondering where I could by some of the products I see on Autopia. Also My truck is flame how does Z work on red

Thanks a million..............................Clint

416 Auto
01-15-2003, 01:17 PM
OOppps sorry I forgot to mention which products.lol

sj100

Zaino

and any other goods ones

...Thanks..........................Clint

paco
01-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Zaino - Barber`s Chair at Square One or Erin Mills Town Center

303 - Zellers (home isle)

S100 - Harley Davidson on Front or Lakeshore

3M / Meguiar`s Product - Cmax (Dundas / Erin Mills)

Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher - Canadian Tire (On sale in April)

Sheepsking mitts - Canadian, Walmart or Costco

Microfiber Towels - JTinternational or Pakshak will ship to Canada. Very reasonable shipping. We`ve gotten towels 2x now from JT`s and have been very very happy.

Klasse - we may have a source soon. Although, several of the US online shops will ship to Canada.

Quick and Easy Wash can be found in Waterloo.

--- that`s a start.

Other than that, it may be difficult to source some of the other products locally. Then shipping and duties come in and make it quite expensive on small orders.

Zaino is awesome on any colour. Search for Red Zaino and you`ll find plent of pics. The only real way to know if you like the look is to give it a try and see how it works.

The most important thing, Sealants will magnify any blemishes/swirls so make sure you have the surface perfectly prepared or the final result may not be as you had hoped.

Welcome aboard.

What year and kind of truck to are you driving?

What have you been using thus far? Are you as neurotic as many of us here about detailing?

By the way, there are several Toronto people here so hopefully they`ll chime as the day goes by.

Paco,

Mississauga

416 Auto
01-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks alot for the info, I really appreciate it. What is 303????

I have an 2001 Dakota R/T, What are you driving.

Right now I am using a "gauranted ????" not to scaratch brush and a wool mitt from Canadian Tire. Also for soap I am using whatever I grab at Canadian Tire that says won`t strip wax.

The paint still looks good cause it has low k`s on the truck, last year mid summer I washed then clayed wid Mothers Clay Bar, then ran the circular polisher over it with just a meguires carnuba wax(with the totaly wrong pad on the machine.lol) but i was gental so there was no problems.

The paint has alot of very very fine swirls(from the dealer) you can see them if you look really close. I HAVE to get rid of them. ANY TIPS on how to.

I wax twice a year with Turtles 100% Carnuba paste wax. It seems to work pretty good. The truck always looks Sheeeeen,but when I see the rides on here it looks dull in comparison.

Any tips on the swirl thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again T DOT rules....................Clint

Nagchampa
01-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I guess Paco has this answer covered!

I saw a stack of Porter Cable 7424 at my home depot for $199.

paco
01-15-2003, 03:07 PM
PC 7424 for 179.99 at CT in April. None of the home depots around me carry it.

For a wax from CT - Definitely go with Meguiars Gold Class. Much deeper, week appearance than the Turtle Wax.

I`d put down the brush and use the Sheepskin mitt from CT or Walmart that is 100%. Almost everyone who has used a brush states they get swirls or marring of the paint.

If you have fine swirls, getting them out shouldn`t be an issue.

Get yourself some Meguiars No. 9 Swirl Mark Remover or 3M SMR and try doing it by hand with a foam applicator pad.

Mother`s clay is rated very well so kudo`s there.

303 is a protectant with excellent UV protection. Many of us it for vinyl, clear-coated leather and rubber (including tires). It provides a OEM look (matte).

Paco

Oh yeah, Cavalier Z24 `97 and a 92 RS beater.

2wheelsx2
01-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Other things which are decent at CT are:

Eagle One 20/20 Glass Cleaner

Mother`s California Gold carwash

Mother`s Pre-Wax cleaner

Mother`s Sealer and Glaze

Mother`s pure Carnauba wax (not nearly as good as Meguiar`s #26, but heads and shoulders above TW)

Eagle One Protectant (I like the lotion better)

Meguiar`s Endurance Tire Gel

C. Charles Hahn
01-15-2003, 04:44 PM
another source for Z in canada is http://www.ecklers.com - yeah its corvette parts and accessories but they`ll sell to anybody.

416 Auto
01-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks again for your advice I really appreciate it.

Feels good to know where to get the products from.:xyxthumbs. I have a circular polisher that I havn`t used yet. For the swirls would I be safe to use it with a foam pad and some meguiers swirl remover???? Also after i use the swirl remover can i then protect it with the Zaino???? S100-is this a polish or a protectant

Thanks a million...........Clint

Nagchampa
01-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Clinton

S100-is this a polish or a protectant

Thanks a million...........Clint It is a carnauba based wax.

shaf
01-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Really, the best way to look for PCs is to just phone up a whole bunch of places that sell power tools or even building supply companies. You would want the model 7336 anyway and not the 7424.

For getting a good pad selection it might be still a better deal to order the kit from CMA. According to 2hotford they ship USPS here, so it shouldn`t be that bad. I don`t know how much pads cost in the GTA, but over this side of the country if I had to do it over again I`d probably go with CMA. It`s just so darn expensive here! :down

Choice of carwash isn`t too too important, as long as you like the smell and it feels slippery.

At all the Zellers stores here, 303 is sold in the Auto section, so check that out too. They also used to sell Turtle Wax MFs (which are good for the price, IMO), but I bet they won`t restock until spring.

The S100 wax is optional and all you truly need is Zaino, but that`s up to you of course. www.car-fanatic.com is another Canadian source, but it seems a bit pricey to me.

iceman
01-15-2003, 11:39 PM
The official Zaino distributor in Canada is Michael Adam of Auto Emporium in Guelph. The website is either www.car-fanatic.com or www.zaino.ca

416 Auto
01-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info I appreciate it

..........Clint

Paul Harvey
01-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Hi the barber`s chair in Square 1 and erin Mills town centre (m`sauga) have the full line of Zaino I purchase my stuff though them.

The`re priced ok and usually have everything in stock.. Oh yeah don`t be foolled it is a barber shop but they also car car polish.

Sorry I didn`t realise PACO had the barbers chair already..

416 Auto
01-21-2003, 05:05 PM
HA HA a barber shop thats sells polish, the world will never seem to amaze me!

.........LOL

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Clint