PDA

View Full Version : First to try Menzerna?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_ThreeSixT
01-14-2003, 03:08 AM
Ok my fellow Autopians, who here is going be the first to get their hands on this new stuff from CMA and give it a try? It sounds pretty convincing in the write up. I wonder if David B. would be able to get some of us free samples to try it? (hint, hint ;) )

Here`s the link

Menzerna (http://www.properautocare.com/aboutmenzerna.html)

imported_89LXi
01-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Found this statement at the bottom of the product description and application procedures:

"Expected soon. Our Menzerna shipment has cleared customs in the US and is in route to us. We expect to have this item in stock by January 25th. We`ll turn the order button on as soon as our shipment arrives."

dr427
01-14-2003, 11:34 AM
CMA`s page is very convincing! I like my 3M Polishing products, but I like a "Perfect Finish" more!

I will definitely give them a try!:bounce

Mindflux
01-14-2003, 11:35 AM
I got that newsletter too. I was atleast hoping for a coupon code ;)

Good luck with it. I think I`m done buying car care stuff for a while.

My wallet needs a rest.

:xyxthumbs

evensteven
01-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Main thing about removing Menzerna, is too have a damp MF towel.if not it`s like 5 hours of turtle wax sitting on a country squire!!!!!!!!!1

imported_Intermezzo
01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Interesting, if not a bit hyped. We`ve all seen this kind of hype from CMA before. I`d like to find out for sure if domestic OEM`s are really making the switch to Menzerna.

What`s puzzling is that according to Menzerna`s website, their polishes were designed for use with lacquers??

Steve @ Guru
01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Frankly, the use of moisture concerns me a bit - it tells me that the product is very, very mild. Water is often used to help increase the cutting action of a product, so if you have to use water all along, I wonder just how effective it could be??

I hope I eat crow with that statement, because I`m ready for some new compounds. I`ll be sure to try it, but we`ll see what happens - the nice thing about 3M and Meguiar`s stuff is that it`s super easy to use. If we have to start using damp towels to remove, and fight haze, etc...I dunno.

Just being a little pessimistic, I guess. I`ll be checking daily, with my finger poised over the order button, regardless! :)

imported_Dude
01-14-2003, 01:20 PM
The interesting thing about this new "miracle product from Germany" is that they actually have pictures of the factory, and a convincing explanation regarding how the products have come to the US. I`m very much inclined to believe them. While no one seems to know where Klasse comes from (though I don`t care- it gets results!), this seems pretty cut-and-dried.

I`m anxious to try the polishes, too. I suspect that they are for real if the auto companies use them. Einszett turned out to be just OK-- a good product, but nothing special-- but it`s a consumer product. The auto companies wouldn`t mess around with something that doesn`t work. My finger is poised over the button too!

Steve: that`s an interesting point regarding water. I wonder how this stuff will work?

evensteven
01-14-2003, 01:56 PM
My menzerna kit is 3 polishes 1...pre-polish ...2 fine...3 final.....

1 & 2 came in a red tin {paste} 3 was in a plastic bottle ....

I like the stuff ..just a little hard to remove...but it`s worth it!!

Lowejackson
01-14-2003, 02:18 PM
evensteven

How did you get hold of this stuff and how does it compare to 3M etc?

Steven

dr427
01-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Not sure where Evensteven got it, but here is a start:

Menzerna USA

200 Airport Executive Park

Nanuet, NY 10954

Phone: 845-352-5850Fax: 845-425-1366

It also appears to be very popular brand within the wood finishing industry.

Intensive polish is available on both of these pages (if it is the same Intensive):

Woodessecence (http://www.woodessence.com/BuffPolishdefault.html)

Homestead Finishing (http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/rubbingpolish.htm)

Steve @ Guru
01-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Eeek - I`m not too excited about the hard to remove part. Nothing worse than fighting with a welded-in-place residue. But, I`m getting ahead of myself...will reserve judgement for when I actually get some. :D

BradE
01-14-2003, 02:53 PM
The hard to remove part bothers me as well. Hard to remove abrasive residue = unwanted surface marring during removal.

But, as Steve is doing, I will reserve judgement until I can try the product. Wonder what pricing will be?

dr427
01-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Heck, I find 3M`s microfinish hard to remove if you work it long or let it sit any. Can`t imagine much harder and I generally always use Collinite Paste for a top coat (which gets that label although I don`t have any trouble with it. In fact, 3M microfinish is what can be difficult.)! That kinda scares me about the Menzerna!

shaf
01-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Wow, between Menzerna and those new orange power pads, the European companies are making huge inroads in the OEM market!

Maybe the water-based issue is taken care with the petroleum distillates it claims to contain for the purposes of lubrication?