PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance for your PC 7424

imported_Page
01-13-2003, 10:20 AM
I have owned my Porter Cable 7424 for about a year now. I would say I use it for maybe 4 or 5 hours per month. The owners manual instructs that once per year, we should return our PC`s to Porter Cable for lubrication, inspection/replacement of bushings etc.

Has anyone returned their PC`s for this maintenance? Or attempted to do it themselves? Any ideas on cost for the maintenance of the PC?

Thanks in advance for the info.

SJ

switerajaya
01-13-2003, 10:55 AM
I`ve only owned my PC for about a week. I`m interested in following this thread to see the results and what I should do in the future.

BradE
01-13-2003, 10:57 AM
With only 4-5 hours of use per month I would say the once a year maintenance isn`t needed. It`s probably just a way to get more money out of you. I would probably not even worry about maintenance until you reach at least 100 hours of use time. Even then it might not be necessary.

imported_Page
01-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Showroom, ejant:

Thanks for the replies. I was following along the same line of thinking (usage hours as a measurement, rahter than one year)..I wanted to see what other forum members thought.

Iconoclast
01-13-2003, 12:44 PM
You don`t need to call them, the amount of hours required before maintenence are printed in the manual. I can`t remember off hand. The manual also basically says that most of the parts should never need lubrication. At your rate of usage I would wait maybe five years before sending it out for maintenence.

shaf
01-13-2003, 04:03 PM
It`s 100 hours as SRL said. ;) Inspection, maintenance, and adjustment as needed by an authorized PC service center.

C. Charles Hahn
01-13-2003, 04:24 PM
also I would think (havent opened mine up to see if this is true or not) that you could lube it yourself with machine oil...