PDA

View Full Version : Dedication!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

procareman50
01-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Went out to the coin-op today about 5:30 PM......actually a few cars there. 36 deg F. Got out the bucket. Used my Sonus wheel cleaner for the first time....:xyxthumbs Real good stuff.....squeaky clean wheels!! Used the EFHI on the tires at 1:1 with water.....good clean also.....then washed and dried the car as usual......I couldn`t feel my darn hands at the end and the car said it was about 33 deg.....Dedication or what.....don`t know about the function of my hands, but hey, the car looks good!

aljo
01-12-2003, 11:05 PM
I don`t know how you guys bucket wash your car. Nevermind the people behind you, but its FREEZING. I usually put on an extra fleece, put on some work gloves, then spray the car with water+soap for 2 mins, then rinse the car for 2 mins. THen i`m outta there. I`m freezing when I get back in!

procareman50
01-12-2003, 11:21 PM
I guess call us crazy Bizzy.

Think about this though....it is kind of like when you are driving down the road in the morning at 7 am, and it is 25 degrees and freezing, and you see some skinny guy or woman, jogging on the side of the road with the full winter gear on, and you say, "now that`s dedication." I was thinking tonight as my hands were freezing, this is crazy, and all the people driving by think I am crazy too.........:p

aljo
01-12-2003, 11:23 PM
I see what you mean! In the summer i`m that crazy as well! At least my whole street thinks so.

But i`m a sucker for cold. So i`m in and out of there in one cycle. I don`t even dry my car because the surface is not 100% clean. By the time I reach the highway to drive home, my car has frozen beads of water on them!!!

imported_edschwab1
01-13-2003, 03:34 AM
I just wish it would warm up so I could wash my car. The forcast is for highs is the 20`s this week. When is the January thaw coming?

When I use the DIY wash booth:

1. I do not think about the cold, and keep working and moving

2. Put on thermals

3. Wear a full length rubber rain coat and rubber gloves

4. Just incase my foot get wet I have an extra pair of shoes and socks.

5. Try to find a booth which has wind protection

6. Take buckets with car wash and rinse bucket pre-made, so I am not standing in the cold waiting.

Eric

swhtech
01-13-2003, 12:35 PM
here is your solution to those cold winter days....I think this is a great idea for those cold climates!! Wish I had one in my town!!

http://carwash.fifo.com/cwpic23.htm

CharlesW
01-13-2003, 01:45 PM
It`s probably a great idea, but the one in our area didn`t last only about 6 months. It was gone before I even found out about it. The guy may have been undercapitalized to start with, I don`t know about that part. With the DIY spray wand places here not allowing bucket washes any time, period, it seems like it should have had a chance. We have about 250,000 people to draw from but I think only about 34 actually bucket wash their own car. I don`t belive I have seen more than one other bucket washer on the 10 blocks of my street. The drive-thru and the spray wand DIY places seem to always have a line waiting.

By the way, "Dedication" is not what my wife calls it when I am out there washing in freezing weather.:D

Charles:wavey

Lowejackson
01-13-2003, 03:47 PM
By the way, "Dedication" is not what my wife calls it when I am out there washing in freezing weather

My wife would completly agree, she has called me many things whilst washing the car.... :)

Steven

DaGonz
01-13-2003, 03:55 PM
I hear you! I got all three of our family`s vehicles done the other night...today the wife and I were running errands in the Jeep.

When I saw wetness from snow melt on the sides of the road, I went "around" it....the wife said I was crazy and would get pulled over.

Just then I looked in the right hand lower corner of the windshield...and then realized that the Jeep`s inspection sticker had expired 12/231/02!

I got it inspected this afternoon!

Richt
01-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Spend most of my weekend outside what ever the weather cleaning!

KSCobra46
01-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

"Dedication" is not what my wife calls it when I am out there washing in freezing weather.

Heck my wife doesn`t call me anything except "honey" after she see`s her shiney clean car.

In Kansas we get lots of wind in the winter which makes washing practically unbearable. I`ve seen a few coin-ops that have garage doors that you can close to keep the wind out making washing in the winter much more comfortable.

aljo
01-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by swhtech

here is your solution to those cold winter days....I think this is a great idea for those cold climates!! Wish I had one in my town!!

http://carwash.fifo.com/cwpic23.htm

Well what do you know!?! THAT CAR WASH IS NEAR ME!!! HAHAHA

Paintxpert
01-13-2003, 04:47 PM
The neighbours think I am abnormal, outside with icicles hanging off my nose whilst they stare out of their cosy and warm front-rooms :nixweiss :rolleyes: :D

The only thing that can stop me is rain:nono Whilst I am cleaning the car everything else going on becomes distant to be honest!

Had quite a scary cleaning session the weekend before last - most of the ground around the car had frozen and I spent a good few hours doing some painful splits here and there :shocked :( :rolleyes: :D No serious, it was very dangerous but I couldnt have my car dirty :nono

2wheelsx2
01-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Sounds like you need a heated driveway. Very common in the Canadian prairies. No ice. :)

ryeh2o
01-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey Bizzy where is that place? I see the GTA on the picture.

It is just what i have been looking for.