PDA

View Full Version : Dr Wack (P21S...) Speed Shampoo

Paintxpert
01-12-2003, 01:52 PM
I did 2 cars today, mine with the Dr Wack stuff and the other with Meguiars GC.

I found that the Wack shampoo was definately more sudsy (with 2 cap fulls).

In terms of slickness I found them to be pretty similar, with Wack shampoo perhaps being a little slicker.

The cleaning ability of the Wack shampoo actually seemed better, cutting through dirt more easily (although this could have been my imagination).

I didnt particularly like the smell of the Wack shampoo, but neither did I hate it. Quite a neutral chemical smell. Megs GC definately has the edge in this respect, smelling quite sweet and fruity.

Once finished, I couldnt help thinking that my Accord looked better with the Wack shampoo, although again, this could be my imagination as its very difficult to tell. Obviously one spotless car should look the same as another :nixweiss

I like it and its about the same price as GC too :xyxthumbs

Paintxpert
01-12-2003, 02:12 PM
No probs :)

Dr Wack stuff is basically the company that introduced P21S and S100 to the US. The products are direct from Bavarian Land ;)

We in the UK get them here - www.iauto.co.uk

It is called A1 Speed Shampoo

Richt
01-13-2003, 04:07 AM
I tried it to on sat. I was put of at first by the smell, made good suds, but didnt feel as rich and silky as the gold class. cleaned the car was covered in salt and left the car really shiny, (car had been waxed week before with wack shampoo) in my opinion left the car feelin alot slicker than a wash with gold glass, so much i didnt feel the need to qd after.

Results will come when we see how a like it is to the US P21s auto shampoo, i guess.

Paintxpert
01-13-2003, 08:00 AM
Still not sure about the slickness :nixweiss

As you said though - looked like the car was shinier :up

Look forward to tyring the p21s!

:D

Richt
01-13-2003, 08:27 AM
I was impressed with the shine, and def prefered the way the paint felt after. When i an my fingers acorss the car just washed with GC it never felt really slick, almost sticky? but then felt really slick after a QD. Speed shampoo was good on it own, only qd the next day before my meet.

Paintxpert
01-13-2003, 01:08 PM
So its a unanimous victory for Dr Wack shampoo :up :)

Lowejackson
01-13-2003, 02:38 PM
I said you would like it, and I am glad you did :)

I have not tried the full range, but everthing I have tried from Wack I like a lot.

Steven

Richt
01-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Glad to your on the forum with no ball and chain LOL! Hope you had a great day.

Back on topic, the shampoo`s good, whoses gonna bite the bullet and buy the polish! Shampoo and wax are good, did you use the gummi nick?

Lowejackson
01-13-2003, 03:34 PM
The polish is good, I have the shampoo so all I need is the wax. Maybe next month after payday.

Steven

Paintxpert
01-13-2003, 04:18 PM
The Gummi stuff was good. Easy to apply and didnt take long to do all the rubber bits :D The car might be a bit quieter and more solid although I couldnt honestly say (yet). Makes me feel all warm inside anyway :rolleyes: :D

Richt
01-14-2003, 04:05 AM
Has it got the clever applictor built into the tubes cap?

Paintxpert
01-14-2003, 07:16 AM
Yep :xyxthumbs

Richt
01-15-2003, 06:05 AM
Great that means i never need to go back to bmw!!!