PDA

View Full Version : Which PC?

imported_ThreeSixT
01-12-2003, 12:53 PM
I`ve seen the 7424 for sale at CMA and on various other sites, but it would be easier for me to pick up the 7336 from Lowe`s instead of having to order it and pay shipping to Hawaii ($$$). Is the 7336 the top of the line PC? The outside of the box didn`t offer much info...it only said "random orbital for swirl free polishing and waxing". I am assuming this means it is dual orbital and random just like the 7424. I just want to be sure before I fork out the $$$. TIA :xyxthumbs

F1Crazy
01-12-2003, 12:59 PM
That`s the one!:up

Get some good pads from CMA tough.

PakShak
01-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Hi ThreeSixT,

Yes, the PC 7336 is the one to get. It already has the 6" counterweight which will cause less vibrations when using the CMA pads. Get the CMA DM-kit:

One 6 inch Velcro Back-up Plate

One 6 inch Lambswool Compounding Pad for leveling the surface (the Lambswool pad is also used as a cushion under the terry bonnets)

One Yellow Cutting Pad for older, oxidized finishes

Two white polishing/waxing pads

One gray finishing pad for producing an ultra high gloss

Two 6 inch terry bonnets for buffing.

However, since your car is in already great shape the only pads you will use is the white polishing and gray finishing pads.

You also might want to get couple of the micro fiber bonnets. Which will go over the Lambswool Pad.

If you need to find out where to buy products locally such as

Meguiar`s

#9 SMR 2.0,

#7 Show Car Glaze

DACP

6.5" Soft Buff Foam Pads

other Meguiar`s products

or

3M

SMR (Dark and Light)

Hand Glaze

Finesse-It II Finishinig Material Machine Polish

Perfect-It III Machine Glaze

other 3M products

Please email me and I`ll let you know where you can pick-up the products locally.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

CharlesW
01-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Hey Ranney:

Got any idea where ThreeSixT could pick up any MF towels locally, as well?;)

Charles:wavey

PakShak
01-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi CharlesW,

He already picked up quite a bit from me...:D Very cool guy.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

imported_ThreeSixT
01-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks Ranney. The PC, Pad Kit, and Polishing products I need are actually for my Passat. Since my A4 has taken over as the "Garage Queen", the Passat`s finish has gone down the tubes as it is outside 24/7. I`m going to order the DM-DLX Kit and one Orange Power Pad from CMA. However, I do need get my hands on 3M products (Finesse It II Machine Polish) here locally like you mentioned. Any advice on where to pick them up would be great. BTW, still waiting on word from you on the photoshoot for your products featuring my A4...just let me know:xyxthumbs

PakShak
01-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Hi ThreeSixT,

Ok, gotcha. The place I like to visit to find a good selection of 3M products in larger sizes (32oz) is Hi-Line Distributors, Inc. Auto Refinishing Suppliers. They are located by the Airport off of Nimitz Hwy. Their address is:

2968-B Ualena Street

Honolulu, Hawaii 96819

Ph: 808-834-4777

If you have a NAPA or Car Quest near you, they also have 3M products but only in the 16oz. However, found some where they had the 32 oz available.

Regarding the photoshoot...just send me the photos you already have. They look good already...:xyxthumbs

With Aloha,

~Ranney

imported_ThreeSixT
01-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Great, thanks for the info :xyxthumbs . If you need photos, just go into the gallery here on Autopia and copy the ones you want from my gallery. All the digital pics I have are there. If that doesn`t work for you, let me know and I`ll send em via email ;)