PDA

View Full Version : Autopian knowledge for son`s guitar

Pages : [1] 2

MobileWorks
01-11-2003, 09:08 PM
My budding rock and roll star son (lead guitarist in Blatant Disarray, www.blatantdisarray.com for you metal heads) just rec`d his new Tacoma Acoustic(Mahogany body) yesterday courtesy of a loan from good `ol dad,lol. This will be for his melodic compositions, complimenting the noise compositions,lol.

Here is a quote from the care sheet that came with it," For gloss finishes, use a quality non abrasive carnuba wax (such as Pinnacle Souveran). To rub out minor scratches, use 3M Finnese It or Meguiars Mirror Glaze #9 2.0 swirl remover."

Kinda blew us away. It seems my $450 of Autopian recommended supplies are going to serve many other fine quality purposes. BTW, we already use Klasse and P21S for his other 6 electric guitars and have used Meg #9 2.0 for scratches on those with great results.

My knowledge base acquired from youse over the past 18 mos. is immesurable, thnx

:bow :xyxthumbs

Steve @ Guru
01-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Very cool - I thought I may have been crazy for using Zaino on my Fender Strat!! :)

procareman50
01-11-2003, 09:45 PM
You are not going to believe this, but I was going to ask if anyone would consider using Klasse on a guitar....unbelievable!! I want to use it on my Steve Vai JEM model....

How does Z look on the Strat Steve??:xyxthumbs

procareman50
01-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey 2cool:

I just downloaded and listened to "Lunacy"

You little man is pretty talented.....some heavy stuff they are playing there, eh?? Have you sat in on any practices (and left unable to hear??):xyxthumbs

Scott301
01-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey there 99......

I live right outside of Clayton, NC and in my high school days played bass in the same type of band. We played at many of the same places your son`s band plays at according to their website.

Nice to see a fellow Autopian so close by.

Brad

C. Charles Hahn
01-11-2003, 11:33 PM
kinda funny it actually recommends souveran too... lol...

samiam513
01-12-2003, 12:01 AM
very talented kid!

Really good band!

NGB34747
01-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Hum, I have 2 piano`s at home (one of them being a grand)... wonder if I can wax those too???? (haha.. it did come with a small tube of polish tho)

drewski59
01-12-2003, 03:51 PM
WOW!!!:shocked

I was afraid to admit I polish/P21s my guitars!!:D I have an all-black Fender acoustic/electric with excellent paint, and I drool at it with P21s on it!!!:p

Also, I have a transparent cherry Gibson Les Paul that sees only Meguiars #7, lol:D

Glad to see I`m not the only crazy one!

:wavey

TurboCat
01-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I guess I`ll have to try P21S on my Martin HD-28. It had never occured to me...since it`s too cold to wax the Passat I guess I can wax my guitar!

:cool:

DaGonz
01-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Clean cars and clean guitars..what a combination!

We have so many musicians here, we could form the Autopia All Star Rock`n Roll Orchestra! :xyxthumbs

I put my self through college playing bass guitar in a rock band and touring with a production company doing "Godspell". I still have a 1970`s vintage Gibson B-25 acoustic guitar.

I wonder what a little 303 would do for the vinyl covering on a Marshall stack?:xyxthumbs

drewski59
01-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Gonzo0903

[b]

I wonder what a little 303 would do for the vinyl covering on a Marshall stack?

Hmmmm....something more for me to try...hehe:D

(too bad I only have a half-stack!:rolleyes: ;) )

mzgloves20
01-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by geekysteve

Very cool - I thought I may have been crazy for using Zaino on my Fender Strat!! :)

I thought I was the only one using Z and MF`s on a Strat....!!

lol....:D

Ritchie Sambora needs to use this stuff on his axe...lol....

MicrofiberTech
01-12-2003, 09:38 PM
I use microfiber for my instruments all the time, but I never thought of using my Zaino - Great idea!

stuart hicks
01-14-2003, 12:40 PM
I can`t wait to try that on my 1978 Gibson SG. I have always been afraid to try car products on the surface but you guys have talked my into it

If I can`t play it, I can at least shine it!

Thanks