PDA

View Full Version : Best QD to use on AIO & P21S combo?

Pages : [1] 2

PiL
01-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Should I be using a carnuba, silicone (or niether) based QD on a paint surface coated with P21S carnuba wax? Which brand is good w/this combo? Would Meg`s Quick Detailer be OK?

CharlesW
01-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by PiL

Should I be using a carnuba, silicone (or niether) based QD on a paint surface coated with P21S carnuba wax? Which brand is good w/this combo? Would Meg`s Quick Detailer be OK?

Personally, I would get Meguiar`s #34 Final Inspection. It will be in a tan bottle and is about a dollar more than the Quik Detailer. IMHO, it is well worth it. If you have Quik Detailer already, then I would go ahead and use it. It is not a bad product, it`s just that some are better. Many are probably better than #34, but it`s hard to beat for the price. Again, IMHO.

Charles:wavey

caddyman
01-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

Personally, I would get Meguiar`s #34 Final Inspection. It will be in a tan bottle and is about a dollar more than the Quik Detailer. IMHO, it is well worth it. If you have Quik Detailer already, then I would go ahead and use it. It is not a bad product, it`s just that some are better. Many are probably better than #34, but it`s hard to beat for the price. Again, IMHO.

Charles:wavey

definately #34!

AMP01
01-11-2003, 05:33 PM
I have used both AIO topped with P21S and Platinum topped with P21S and so far the QD that has shown the best results, (both on ultra finicky jet black paint), is Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl from Classic motoring.

I have tried Final Inspection, Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz, Griot`s Speed Shine and Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer. They all look good after being applied, but the EFCP keeps the paint the most dust free in between QD`ing my BMW. I tried them all using each for at least two days straight between washings to really see the difference.

As long as I am using the P21S as a topper, EFCP is the QD I choose first.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Scottwax
01-11-2003, 05:38 PM
I`ve been using Clearkote`s Quikshine on my car for a good 8 months now. Real slick, doesn`t attract a lot of dust and leaves the paint real slick. No Klasse on my car, just P21S/S100.

CharlesW
01-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey PiL:

Aren`t you glad you asked? Now you`ve got it down to four to choose from. By day`s end it will probably be 24. There are so many good QD`s out there that I think you will probably be happy with whatever you choose.

Charles:xyxthumbs

shaf
01-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes, QD choices almost come down to personal preferences, as there are fans of almost all of them (just like car shampoos). Megs Quik Detailer is probably just fine, and don`t throw away the bottle when you`re done because that spray head produces an awesomely ultra-fine mist. :xyxthumbs

corvettez
01-12-2003, 10:03 AM
I like the Clear Pearl too over the AIO\S100 combo and FI is a good choice as well although I like the FI for right after a wash. The Eagle One WAYD looks real good over that combo leaving the paint slick and rich looking. The EO reminds me of OGSO for it`s wax content and seems to require a slightly different application than a true QD. It depends on what you like but it`s fun to experiment in any case.

imported_ThreeSixT
01-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Yeah, what they said. EF Clear Pearl is great with the Klasse/P21S combo. :xyxthumbs

Brodydog
01-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Clear Pearl is great - But here`s a vote for Pinnacle Crystal Mist. Can streak a bit, but properly buffed brings P21S back to full life...

waynejitsu
01-12-2003, 02:30 PM
i like the zaino QD. a bit pricey, but it works flawless:)

(if only i could get another deal on some:)

sometimes you can get it on ebay, but for some reason, i have watched the bidding go above retail...

imported_NHBFAN
01-12-2003, 08:26 PM
How about Eagle One Wet Wipe n Shine? I read that`s a good QD.

CharlesW
01-12-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

How about Eagle One Wet Wipe n Shine? I read that`s a good QD.

It is. So is Mother`s Showtime, so is Platinum`s Gloss Enhancer. Like I said, most all of them work well at what they are supposed to do. I think you just need to pick one or two and go with them.

Charles

switerajaya
01-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Used Pinnacle Crystal Mist yesterday on the `vette and boy, did it bring the slickness back and it sure got shiney again. I have 2x AIO, 2x P21s on it already.

jcattarulla
01-12-2003, 09:04 PM
I LOVE Meguiar`s #34, and I use it all the time. It`s high lubricity makes QD`ing really easy and safe.

Let`s say I`ve just spent a Saturday afternoon detailing my car, I`ll go for a spin, and when I get back, I`ll really quickly run over it with my CCD, then hit certain spots with #34 and a MF towel. Like that, my car seems to stay "concours" ready all the time!

I`ve also used Zymol Field Glaze, which is a QD with Carnauba. It leaves a nice shine, but at 2x the cost of #34, not worth it.

Until someone makes something better, I`ll stick with #34.