PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 Wet "Wax-as-you-dry".....

PiL
01-10-2003, 09:25 PM
What do you think of this product? I thought it was a joke at first. But I got a small sample bottle of it at a car show and tried it on my company car. Got good results. If anything, it makes the drying process more enjoyable. It leaves a nice silky smooth surface. I have added it to my washing regiment. Any disadvantages to using this product?

edwin907
01-10-2003, 09:31 PM
What`s in it, carnuba, acrylic?

Love the 4motion Passats

DETAILKING
01-10-2003, 09:48 PM
It`s similar to the "hot wax" that is used in carwashes.....nothing new. It`s a neat concept, prob shines good too (oils), but durabilty is not so hot.

F1Crazy
01-10-2003, 09:57 PM
I bought a bottle some time ago, nothing wrong with it.

I wouldn`t use it to actually wax the car and give it some protection but it can work as a substitute for QD. It made drying the car easier.

I found one more use for it - spray it on your wheels, brake dust build up won`t be as bad and cleaning will be easier.:xyxthumbs

George M.
01-10-2003, 10:02 PM
i use it in between waxes to keep up the shine. i will have to try it on the wheels. thanks for the tip

imported_Jon P. Nusbaum
01-10-2003, 10:25 PM
I also use it on my wheels. I even noticed some beading during the following week`s wash that hadn`t been there before and it did make cleaning easier.

Mindflux
01-10-2003, 10:28 PM
I bought some of this with just my wheels in mind.

I used `wheelwax` last weekend and man that was grueling .. not the product just being hunched over the wheels waxing them.

After I use my wheelwax up I`ll star with the EO WAUD

imported_killerjg
01-10-2003, 10:35 PM
I like it. Use it on a dry car, great weekly QD leaves a slick finish.

George M.
01-11-2003, 05:29 PM
i just went out for a quick "wheel only" detail. i finished with the WAYD i didnt get much of a difference in look. but it felt smoother. I will see if i notice the difference when i clean it next. :rolleyes:

jlfrogy
01-14-2003, 02:29 PM
I use it after washing. Makes drying easier. It`s great in between wax jobs to keep the car shiney has a great shine. Thanks for the tip on the wheels.