PDA

View Full Version : For those who dont have garages...

breakneckvtec
01-10-2003, 06:21 PM
What do we do about detailing? I dont know about doing it in the sun, I hear your not suppose to do it. Should I wait till dusk when the weather is warmer and set up some spot lights and work into the night? Whats a car enthusiast to do? Any help would be great.

Detailing NY
01-10-2003, 06:40 PM
I am a mobile detailer, and i do it all day long. As long as it is not raining or snowing, I am out there detailing.

I have detailed in 100+ weather and -10 weather. It all depends on how you set your mind in the morning.

ScrampaTeg03
01-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by NY detailer

I am a mobile detailer, and i do it all day long. As long as it is not raining or snowing, I am out there detailing.

I have detailed in 100+ weather and -10 weather. It all depends on how you set your mind in the morning.

I believe he was asking a question about the issue of applying products in direct sunlight. I too could use enlightening on this matter seeing I am moving to an appartment in Mooresville, NC this July.

Detailing NY
01-10-2003, 07:06 PM
I have never run into a problem in direct sunlight really. sometimes the hood can be a b!tch to remove, but other then that, I have no problems.

I also have a tent that goes with me.

Jngrbrdman
01-10-2003, 07:08 PM
It`s not the detailing in the sun that is bad. Its the detailing on a hot surface that sucks. The actual sunlight isn`t the problem at all because if you were in a garage you would probably be under brighter lights than the sun produces anyway. Just avoid applying products in the hot sun and you should be ok. Try and do it in the shade whenever possible.

DETAILKING
01-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I always detail outside....never in a garage.....all year round. Some products can`t be used in the sun, but there are some that work great even on hot surfaces.

imported_Intel486
01-10-2003, 08:20 PM
I`ve done some detailing on vehicles in the sun w/ no shade... a black diamonte comes to mind :rolleyes: That one was a biatch.

The polish would dry up before I would finish working it and the fling off would bake onto the surface so fast. I ended up having to quickly wash the car in sections before washing to remove all the dust and streaks. What a biatch!

I also ended up using towels to cover most of the car and then went and did a wash package while the car cooled off a little. It helped some.