PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite size of waffle weave mf towel

PakShak
01-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi All,

What would you consider the ideal sizes of waffle weave micro fiber towel to use to dry your car, truck, or SUV.

16" x 24"

25" x 36"

28" x 52"

or some other size?

With Aloha,

~Ranney

GP Infinity
01-10-2003, 09:42 AM
give a specific size.. just the bigger the better.. I drive a full size pickup truck and I need all the towel I can get.. usually end up using two...

Dana

offcenter
01-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by PakShak

Hi All,

What would you consider the ideal sizes of waffle weave micro fiber towel to use to dry your car, truck, or SUV.

16" x 24"

25" x 36"

28" x 52"

or some other size?

With Aloha,

~Ranney

25x36 is perfect for most 4 door sedans and smaller cars, larger size(28x52) for SUV`s and trucks. 16x24 is good for windows and touch up.

imported_chewy
01-10-2003, 12:42 PM
While I only have 16x24" towels, I sure do like how manageable they are. I use one to remove most the water from the car--wringing it out as I go. I then use a second one to finish up--doing windows first and then rest of body. I could see where you could get by with a larger one, but I am content with what I have.

However, if my wife reads this, I am not admitting or concluding that I may never purchase any other size of waffle weave towel. :wavey

TortoiseAWD
01-10-2003, 03:01 PM
I just did pick up some 16x24 waffleweaves to go with my two Big Blue Towels (25x36) . . . I like having both sizes to choose from; I grab the BBTs to do the hood and roof and trunk lid, and the more manageable 16x24s to do the sides (easier to keep the smaller towels from accidently brushing the ground).

Tort

imported_awd330
01-10-2003, 03:41 PM
I have 3 Big Blues (25x36) and 2 Little Blues (16x24). I find that the Big Blue is just the right size for most vehicles. It will easily dry anything from a compact sedan to an average-sized SUV. The Little Blue is perfect for sub-compacts and 2-seaters. For really large vehicles, I`d prefer to use 2 Big Blues rather than a single larger towel. Just my $0.02.

imported_Kyle
01-28-2003, 04:13 PM
when you talk about BBT, is it the one from CMA or Big Blue Auto Drying Towel from MicrofiberTech? which one is better for drying purpose?

HellrotCi
01-28-2003, 04:51 PM
I like the 28x54 size because it covers half of the roof of my car or the whole trunk lid, it also covers a little more than a 1/3 of the hood. Another thing I like about this size is when I`m drying the sides, the towel is long enough for me to place one end under my left hand which is placed on the side window and the other end reaches all the way down to the rocker panel. It`s also big enough to fold it into 1/8ths when I want to pat the sides dry instead of drying the sides in the previous example.

My car is considered a compact and I guess my wife`s car would be considered a mid-size so neither of our cars are big. If I had a full size truck or car, I couldn`t see wanting to use anything any smaller than 28x54.

imported_awd330
01-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by MildSeven

when you talk about BBT, is it the one from CMA or Big Blue Auto Drying Towel from MicrofiberTech? which one is better for drying purpose?

BBT is usually used as an abbreviation for the CMA towels. In my earlier post, the Big Blues I mentioned were from CMA.