PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Care for new MF towels

Ants
01-09-2003, 05:44 PM
I just got 10 ultrafine MF towels from JT International today and I must say they feel softer than cotton!

My question is, do I need to wash them before use? Or can I go ahead and start using them?

And how do you guys wash it? I was going to wash them in the washer using delicates mode with warm water and liquid tide then air dry.

And another thing, since some will be used for removing wax...others glass...and others interior vinyl...can they all be washed together? Or would that ruin the glass ones etc etc etc?

Thanks

Preachers Sheets
01-09-2003, 06:50 PM
I didn`t wash my mf`s, just checked for debris and went to work.

I wash my mf`s by themselves with the other towels I use for drying and removing wax, polish, window cleaning etc. I always let the mf`s air dry, they dry really quick and I know the heat will shorten their life in the drier.

Alot of people seperate their mf`s when washing but I can`t justify it, so far I haven`t had any problems, people just have "their" way of doing things.

imported_memnuts
01-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Normally, like Joed I just check before using. Never had a linting of debris problem with PakShak`s or Microfibertech`s MF`s prior to washing.

Wash between uses to be safe ( these are very absorbent towels )

Wash MF`s with MF`s only.

Wash with LIQUID detergent only

No fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Wash in warm or cold water (rinse also in warm or cold)

I like machine drying at Air Fluff setting ( low temp is okay). Towels feel softer than a line dried MF. JMO

Fold neatly and store in some sort of container.

Enjoy the experience. These are fantastic products.:xyxthumbs

Mindflux
01-10-2003, 10:25 AM
I dunno what I`m doin wrong. But today I was drivin to work and the sun hit my windshield just right and I could see TONS of tiny little microfiber strands on my windshield.

I`m just destined never to have clean windows... agh

offcenter
01-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Mindflux

I dunno what I`m doin wrong. But today I was drivin to work and the sun hit my windshield just right and I could see TONS of tiny little microfiber strands on my windshield.

I`m just destined never to have clean windows... agh

Try using a waffle weave or a non plush MF cloth. I find the waffle weave and believe it or not the 3M waffle type sold at Target work great on windows and do not leave lint. Microfibertech has an MF for windows that also works well, no linting.

Mindflux
01-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by rad21

Try using a waffle weave or a non plush MF cloth. I find the waffle weave and believe it or not the 3M waffle type sold at Target work great on windows and do not leave lint. Microfibertech has an MF for windows that also works well, no linting.

I do use waffleweave on the outside. On the inside I use the non plush side of my Pakshak`s and that seems to be where my linting is coming from.

On top of the haze that I seem to just move around instead of getting rid of on the inside of my window.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I hate cleaning glass.

CharlesW
01-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by rad21

the 3M waffle type sold at Target work great on windows and do not leave lint.

Are the 3M waffle weave towels in the automotive department at your Target?

Nic San or Nic Sand, (some such name), seems to be the only MF`s sold around here. AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, O`Reilly`s, Wal*Mart, K-Mart, Target, none of them carry other brands in this area.

It`s no big deal to order from PakShak, but it would be handy to be able to just stop and grab a few off the shelf.

Charles

imported_memnuts
01-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Before I caught on with PakShak and MicrofiberTech I bought 2 Nicsand MF`s from WalMart. I now use them for glass only and they work fine. No lint and good cutting ability with autoglass cleaner. Can not comment on Ranney`s or Ian`s MF`s on glass... Paint finish only, Baby.:xyxthumbs

offcenter
01-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

Are the 3M waffle weave towels in the automotive department at your Target?

Nic San or Nic Sand, (some such name), seems to be the only MF`s sold around here. AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, O`Reilly`s, Wal*Mart, K-Mart, Target, none of them carry other brands in this area.

It`s no big deal to order from PakShak, but it would be handy to be able to just stop and grab a few off the shelf.

Charles

Charles,

The "waffle weave" 3M at Target are in the aisle with cleaning supplies like mops and brooms, Longs Drugs also has them. They are 12x12 and have a fine waffle weave. I won`t touch the paint with them, only the glass.

CharlesW
01-10-2003, 02:46 PM
rad21:

Thank you. We have a couple of "Super" Targets that I get by once in a while. I`ll check the cleaning supplies section.

Charles

Ants
01-10-2003, 02:54 PM
I bought some of whatever target sells in the automotive section lint free rags...they seem to work well..I havent had a chance to track down some glass cleaner...so I use lense cleaner :bounce for eyeglasses...seems to work well and cuts the haze for the vinyl oils.