PDA

View Full Version : Product information

Knight
01-09-2003, 02:52 PM
dimethal oil type of silicone in rubber protectants are bad and I want a amino-functional silicone or siloxane silicone for a rubber,tire protectant. For leather the same applies for what not to use, but need a water based cleaner and dressing. For protected leather. I am not sure how to find if products have such ingrediants or don`t have these incrediants. Any help on this, I would like.

:up

Preachers Sheets
01-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Your best bet is to call the people who make the product and even then I doubt your always going to get the truth. Sometimes they don`t even know themselves.

andymodem
01-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Knight,

I work for 3M

Our Leather cleaner and restorer is a water based product, I used it on my leather in my integra and it works wonderfully.

As for our Tire products the contain:

White mineral oil (Petroleum) 70-90%

Poly(Dimethylsiloxane) 10-20%

Don`t know if that helps you or not. But for our products, if you go to http://www.3m.com go to the automotive section, and go to the Product Catalog. Then choose from links in there for car care products, it will list what packages are available online, click on one of them, it will bring up a brief product description, but if you scroll down to the "Learn More" section, there is a link called MSDS, which stands for Material Safety Data Sheet. Click on that, it will list the ingredients in the products, envorinmental hazards, personal risk hazards, etc.....

Hope this helps. :)

Andre'
01-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Polydimethylsiloxane PDMS is an Amino functional silicone:up

Dimethalsilicone DMS is the bad stuff. :down

Knight
01-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Once again Andre comes through. LOL

I have been talking with 3M techs for a bit now trying to get the right polishes, etc.

:up