PDA

View Full Version : Simply "Z" Best

ULUA.LAWAIA
01-08-2003, 03:29 AM
At the L.A. Auto Show this weekend, there were vendors all over the place selling a car polish called "Simply `Z` Best" (which I`ve also seen ads for in the back pages of Road & Track). The big "Z" logo and the shape of the bottle itself was vaguely reminiscent of Zaino bottles. I wonder if that was done on purpose to fool new buyers who might have casually heard of Zaino before to pick up Simply "Z" Best, thinking it was the same product.

I turned a corner at the auto show and saw another booth selling a tire shine called "Looks Wet, No Mess", or some other almagam of Stoner`s "More Shine, Less Time".

It`s annoying that these companies are trying to cash in on the name recognition of the established car care companies. Though I did enjoy seeing the infomercial-like demonstrations of Simply Z Best, just for entertainment`s sake. "It will polish off dried paint enamel and even acid! But wait, that`s not all..."

bigpoppa
01-08-2003, 03:56 AM
I know of one guy with a Corvette who has had fanstastic results with Z-best car wax. I don`t know how long it lasts or anything else other than it looks pretty darn good. I`ll stick with my favorite "Z" though - Zaino.:D

F 355
01-08-2003, 04:32 AM
HI Cindy...

"But wait, that`s not all.." - LOL

Did a search, their web is www.z-bestcarwax.com

I always get skeptical when guys start lighting hoods on fire.

The laws of similitude allow companies to "alter", but not copy a logo or tradmark. I guess it`s all a marketing ploy.

Which brings up in interesting question. I have never seen a wax that is protected with a patent or patent pending label, has anyone?

The company name is sometimes registered as a TM, but no patent on the product itself? Hmmmmm......... Wonder why that is?

:nixweiss

imported_Aurora40
01-08-2003, 08:31 AM
We use the FireTest to show the protection your car will have against the heat of the sun. Plus Z-Best weather protects your vehicle from hard rain and water spots!

That cracks me up. I do the same thing with sunblock. I douse my sunblocked arm in alcohol then light it up. This way I get assurance that it will protect me from the heat of the sun. When I was doing this at the beach one time, and I inevitably explained to gawkers what I was accomplishing, someone quipped that it isn`t the heat from the sun that`s harmful, but rather the radiation from it. But he was just some dope on the beach, so what does he know... :rolleyes:

Brad B
01-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Sal Zaino told me a story once that I don`t think he would mind me repeating.

Sal visits many of these car shows and events. He usually stands back and grits his teeth at these "hucksters" as they display their wares and talk about their "new" discoveries and "government patents" and other such worthless tripe. Once when the crowd was gasping in amazement at the guy lighting a car hood on fire Sal had to step forward and take the bottle of lighter fluid or whatever the guy had and he poured it in his hand and lit it on fire. "Oooooo", said Sal "Look, my hand is as tough as your wax!"

Of course the trick is that the alcohol/fluid burns off so fast that it hurts nothing, not even your hand.

The vendor didn`t sell much "miracle wax" that day.

:D

shaf
01-08-2003, 03:53 PM
LMAO!! Thank you Aurora and Brad! :D :bow

imported_Intel486
01-08-2003, 06:39 PM
So if you put some lighter fluid on your hand and light it, then it wouldn`t burn you? What kind of lighter fluid do they use?

Redcar GUY
01-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Kids do not try at home what you have read about in this thread!!!!!!

:D

blackntan
01-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I tried that once when I was younger...

burnt the crap out of my hand.... :scared :shocked

areaseven
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I was actually an avid user of Simply Z-Best Car Wax for over a year. Then last week, I switched to Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax. It`s not that Z-Best is a bad product - I`ve been very impressed with its remarkable cleaning abilities and resistance to rain. However, while it makes the metallic finish on my Mustang pop, it lacks gloss and reflection. Also, it doesn`t really remove or cover swirls as the label states.

I did notice a major change in the formula over the past year. After using up my second bottle, I picked up a third bottle from this year`s L.A. Auto Show. Today, I took a good look at it. Compared to the old bottle, this one`s darker and thicker, not to mention that you can see small flakes floating all around (I presume this is Carnauba). And unlike the old Z-Best, which smelled like gasoline, the new Z-Best smells like cherry cough syrup. The bottle label also says "20% more swirl remover."

Since my Mustang now uses NXT, I`ll have to try the "new and improved" Z-Best on my cousin`s red Miata and his girlfriend`s Corolla, possibly early next month.

ZaneO
04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Talk about an old post...

RCBuddha
04-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Talk about an old post...

no kidding...FWIW, they were at the LA car show this year as well.

Scottwax
04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Which brings up in interesting question. I have never seen a wax that is protected with a patent or patent pending label, has anyone?

I believe Optimum Car Wax has two patents and David of Optimum protects his products with patents when applicable.

imported_Bence
04-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Finish Kare has an anti-static patent.