PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Appl Pads vs Microfiber Appl Pads

jmsc
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
From very recent and not so recent posts and CD tests, we now know that most, if not all, cotton applicator pads micro scratch (Zaino, Zymol, Lexol etc...).

Does anyone here use or CD tested MF applicator pads? Do MF pads leave micro scratches as well?

If they outperform cotton pads, can anyone recommend some brands and where is a good place to purchase them?

I think I am about to give up on "all cotton anythings" including Zaino`s recommended Charisma towels this coming spring.

Thanks for all responses and opinions.

PakShak
01-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Hello jmsc,

You might want to checkout www.yosteve.com for the micro fiber applicator pads...:xyxthumbs

He has a special right now, you can buy 10 for $19.00.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

imported_Intel486
01-07-2003, 09:42 PM
I tested the MF applicators CMA sells on a CD and they don`t scratch.

imported_memnuts
01-08-2003, 10:56 AM
I love my MF applicator pads from CMA.

"I may have been late to the MF party but I`m dancing now!!:bounce

Mindflux
01-08-2003, 11:04 AM
I bought some Yosteve MF Applicators.

I havn`t tried them out yet, they wern`t quite what I expected. I expected blue ones like what you see on CMA`s page.

These are white and a little bit wider. But I actually think a little wider will help grip them better. :up

I`ll write up something after I get to try them out.

Accumulator
01-08-2003, 11:23 AM
I just plugged YoSteve`s microfibers in a different thread; when I saw this one, I went out to the garage and compared his MF applicators to the CMA ones. I only eyeballed them, but the CMA ones are bigger and, to me, visibly plusher. More loops/inch and MAYBE slightly longer ones. Not like I`ve ever had a problem with YoSteve`s, though.

m3pilot
01-09-2003, 09:53 PM
http://www.properautocare.com/vipmicappad.html

are these the cma mf pads everyone is refering to?

Murrayhe
01-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by PakShak

Hello jmsc,

You might want to checkout www.yosteve.com for the micro fiber applicator pads...:xyxthumbs

He has a special right now, you can buy 10 for $19.00.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

I don`t see it at his site. Can you post a url?

jmsc
01-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Oggle,

I just ordered some MF pads from yosteve.com last nite.

At bottom of his home screen:

1. Click Here to Continue

2. Click Enter the Detailing Site

3. Click MF and Foam Applicators

If you purchase let us know how you like them.

Iconoclast
01-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

I love my MF applicator pads from CMA.

I also love the ones from CMA.. Are the ones from yosteve just as good? 10 for $19 is a good price.

GP Infinity
01-10-2003, 09:47 AM
what about foam... been using them forever.. have I been using the wrong thing?

Dana

Accumulator
01-10-2003, 10:10 AM
jpws6-Yep, those are the ones. Mine are green, but the blue ones will almost certainly be the same thing.

Iconoclast-Despite the apparent plushness differences I mentioned, I doubt there`s anything wrong with the YoSteve ones (neveer actually had a problem with them). I myself feel a little safer (marring worries)with the CMA`s when working with anything except final-product applications (where there`s no cleaning/polishing being done and limited residues to deal with).

dboat-Nah, nothing wrong with foam. Having said that, MF app`s DO offer some advantages for cleaning/polishng. The MF can help pull contaminants and residues off the finish. The nap of the MF can offer somewhere for such things to go, whereas the pores of foam app`s sometimes don`t. If you do any real "scrubbing" (better be careful with that anyhow!) the MF is going to be MUCH more forgiving than the foam.

For RO/PC use, I use foam to apply everything. By hand, I only use foam for the non-abrasive/non-cleaning products. Plus, I usually find it easier to do the THIN applications some products require with foam. The usual "just my $.02" disclaimers apply, of course.