PDA

View Full Version : a question from a newbie....

rbs9
01-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Hello All.

The fine folks over at Rennlist (where I spend many hours daily) talk about this BBS with praise. I thought Id log in and read a few threads and ask a question about dried wax.

My question is on our new Volvo S60, I must of got wax on the plastic trim when I waxed the car for the first time. It did not show up until the next day or so. I thought I was carefull not to get it on the trim. Anyhow, a few weeks later, I cant seem to get the white residue off the plastic trim. I have tried vinegar, 409 etc. with no luck. Anyone have suggestions? Its really bugging me.

TIA,

Jngrbrdman
01-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Well, there are a couple ways. You could use some dash protectant (Armor All or whatever else you use for your dash) and just try that in combination with a tooth brush. Peanut Butter works suprisingly well too. Don`t laugh... Its been a long standing detailing trick to use the oils in PB to soak out things like that. Give it a shot if you don`t believe me.

I think the thing that will work best is to use a brush. Whether you are using peanut butter, armor all or WD40 you will find that its a piece of cake if you use a tooth brush along with it. That really gets the crud outta there. :xyxthumbs Welcome to Autopia!!

oh, PS.... on a side note... signatures can only be three lines of text max. ;) Thanks!

shaf
01-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Failing the methods Jngr suggested, some people have recently discussed success using a tar remover type product on it.

nate010753
01-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Yep I recall reading that post where someone said they got really great results using 3M Bug and tar remover that they got at Wal-Mart.