PDA

View Full Version : P21S vs Blitz Wax

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
01-06-2003, 08:53 PM
How does Blitz Wax compare with P21S?

Jngrbrdman
01-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Blitz may last a little longer, but I prefer the looks of P21S. The dust attraction isn`t as bad with P21S as with Blitz as well.

shaf
01-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Blitz may last a little longer... Not according to the Waxtest. ;)

Also, Blitz has a reputation here for staining trim, while P21S does not.

Jngrbrdman
01-07-2003, 12:20 AM
That`s cuz Blitz probably has fillers in it and P21S doesn`t. Another good difference.

Richt
01-07-2003, 04:47 AM
Shine wise on my light blue care appearnace wise no real difference, p21s just has the edge, slighly wetter looking. All in the ease of application and removal, with no cure time p21s wins for me.

HellrotCi
01-07-2003, 09:44 AM
I used Blitz for years, until I found this place. It was easy to apply and remove. You could apply it to your whole car at once and then remove it later, either 10 minutes later or hours later, it didn`t matter. Blitz gave an excellent shine and lasted about as long as any carnauba wax does.

Now here`s what I didn`t like about it. If you don`t apply it very thinly, it creates a lot of dust residue when you remove it. Even if you do apply it thinly, you still get more dusting than with S100 or Souveran. If you wax your car right after you`ve washed it and there`s any water residue left, like what comes out from your tail lights or side moldings, and your buffing cloth gets damp, your cloth grabs like crazy. Blitz also has a tendency to attract dust. When I used Blitz, I didn`t realize it was the wax contributing to the excess dust, I just thought it was normal. When I switched to S100, the problem with the excess dust went away. Lastly, Blitz stains your trim. I didn`t notice this on either of my cars and actually thought Blitz was a non-staining wax. That was until people pointed out that I was wrong. When I actually inspected my cars I noticed that I didn`t have any black trim on them.

I bought S100 last summer, which is the same as P21S. It doesn`t have any of the downsides that Blitz exhibited. It applies and removes even easier than Blitz did. Because it doesn`t require any curing time, you apply it to a panel and wipe it off, it takes less time to wax your car. If you have a Harley shop nearby you can get S100 locally. You may also find it at a Honda/Kawasaki, etc motorcycle dealer; at least my local dealer carries it.

When I used Blitz, I thought it was a great wax. The problems I listed, in reality, weren’t that big of a deal. In fact after a while I just ignored them and didn`t give them any thought. It was only after finding Autopia that I started to notice those problems and tried S100. Will I ever use Blitz again? Probably not, I`ve got a new, unopened tin sitting on a shelf as a memorial to my pre-Autopia days. If you`ve already bought some Blitz, use it and you`ll be happy with the results. If you haven`t bought any Blitz, pickup some S100/P21S and you may never need to search for another wax, ever. :xyxthumbs

Richt
01-07-2003, 11:00 AM
I use blitz when i have time to wait for it to cure and when its nice and warm, not very often over here in the uk! When i do use it i always tend to top it the day after with p21s!

Never had any problems with dust or residue from p21s, do notice a small amount in side door shuts and handles with blitz howewver thin its applied, the same is true however form autoglym extra gloss, and resin, dr chemie wack speed wax, which all leave alot more residue than blitz has ever done.

The depth and shine a subtley different between the p21s and blitz, the blitz tends to make the colour look deeper, where as the P21s makes it look wetter, shinier and the shine look deeper.

I actally prefer a coat of blitz topped with a coat of p21s to two coats of p21s.

imported_Intermezzo
01-07-2003, 11:28 AM

That`s cuz Blitz probably has fillers in it and P21S doesn`t. Another good difference.

Huh? :nixweiss

ALL waxes have fillers. In your opinion, what substances can be called a `filler`?

Jngrbrdman
01-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Not those kinds of fillers. I mean like the swirl fillers. Basicly the stuff that causes the dust. I was told once upon a time ago that the waxes that cause the dust are the ones with the swirl fillers in them. They are the ones that stain the trim too. That`s why you could wax over your trim with PPG or Souveran or P21S and not have a problem. Definatly correct me if I`m wrong on that. Maybe the word `filler` isn`t the right one to use.

pancho1984
01-07-2003, 12:17 PM
As a Blitz user who switched to P21S/S100, I could not have stated it better than HellrotCi. Well done.

Richt
01-07-2003, 12:21 PM

Not those kinds of fillers. I mean like the swirl fillers. Basicly the stuff that causes the dust. I was told once upon a time ago that the waxes that cause the dust are the ones with the swirl fillers in them. They are the ones that stain the trim too. That`s why you could wax over your trim with PPG or Souveran or P21S and not have a problem. Definatly correct me if I`m wrong on that. Maybe the word `filler` isn`t the right one to use.

according to the CMA website p21s fill minor swirls

porterdog
01-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by RichPug306xsi

The depth and shine a subtley different between the p21s and blitz, the blitz tends to make the colour look deeper, where as the P21s makes it look wetter, shinier and the shine look deeper.

Yes! I have a metallic blue-green car and Blitz is wicked looking. P21S is super easy to use, but it`s not like Blitz is tricky...

Richt
01-07-2003, 12:34 PM

according to the CMA website p21s fill minor swirls

http://properautocare.com/p21spastewax.html

Jngrbrdman
01-07-2003, 12:39 PM

http://properautocare.com/p21spastewax.html

Well, that just goes to show that it must be something else in these waxes that stain the trim. I always thought it was the swirl fillers. Guess not. :xyxthumbs Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Richt
01-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Must admit, never thought about autoglym is obvious it is white so its bound to. Hardly got any black plastic on my current car so its not really an issue!