PDA

View Full Version : Black Boxster

Pages : [1] 2 3

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:16 PM
I have no BEFORE pics of this Porsche as it was so overcast and cloudy yesterday that none of the swirls and scratches showed up in the pics I did take:(

I do though have one BEFORE pic of the rear exhaust area and pipe and you can see where the exhaust hazed the paint making it cloudy and dull.

For the interior it was your basic dirt and coffee stains plus since it`s a convertible it had lots of dirt and grime in nooks and crannies.

This is the drivers side BEFORE

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:19 PM
I pre-treated the mats and carpets with 303 cleaner, hit it with mysteam vaopr cleaner and then extracted.

Applied 303 fabric protector after they dried.

I had to re-clean the pedals and an area up by the gas pedal after this picture was taken and forgot to re-take another picture when done........so this picture will have to do:)

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:21 PM
OK...here is the BEFORE pic of the rear area...the exhaust pipe is really oxidized also.

Hand rubbed out with IP and then FP. The exhaust was cleaned and polished with Rolite.

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Now for the AFTER

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Next

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:28 PM
My process was:

Leveling step was acomplished with Hi-temps Heavy Power Cut and a white LC polishing pad.

Polishing came next with another LC polishing pad and Menzerna IP- Both steps done with my rotary and the leveling was done at 1400 RPM`s and the polishing at about 1100 RPM`s

Cyclo was used to apply Menzerna FP

Hand applied AIO and laid down some FMJ for the sealer. I used Platinum`s Poly QD after the FMJ

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Side shot

Clean Dean
07-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Another one for the record books !!! Always great seeing your work, and your techniques/product usage !!!

Thanks !!!

Woob
07-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Great Anthony! Another detailer I look up to! Question, would you recommend the steam vapor cleaner over the extractor? It cleans safer and, for many people`s ideal, is cheaper. Whats your say on the matter?

What did you use on the wheels? Funny how I cant get my tires that good.

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:32 PM
The covertible was cleaned and treated using the RaggTop system.

Plastic window was cleaned using Vanilla Moose, inside and out.

Another side shot

Nickc0844
07-30-2004, 10:34 PM
WOW!! :wow

That came out very black! :bigups

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Whoa..you guys respond fast:-p I`ll reply to your questions right after this last picture.

Top rear

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Woob
Great Anthony! Another detailer I look up to! Question, would you recommend the steam vapor cleaner over the extractor? It cleans safer and, for many people`s ideal, is cheaper. Whats your say on the matter?

What did you use on the wheels? Funny how I cant get my tires that good.

Woob,

For carpets an extractor is a must, at least if you wish to have professional results. The steam vapor cleaner (svc) is a universal tool in that it can do all kinds of cleaning, even carpets, but it can`t reach deep down into the carpet fibers like an extractor can.

In my eyes they compliment one another.

For my tires I used on these ones Hi-Temps Grape Tire Dressing.

Thanks for the kind words,
Anthony

Woob
07-30-2004, 10:46 PM
One more question,

Would you recommend the TOL Wheel Kit? I`m going to do Pizzazz / AIO but wondering if I should even get the kit (trying to stop the buyer urge). Is Tire Cleaner good? its for seriously bad tires

Ferrarislave
07-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Nice, Have you ever tried AIO for the plastic windows in convertible, Great results on the paint and exaust.