PDA

View Full Version : PC Pads...what the? but! how? huh?!

BARTZ
01-06-2003, 03:33 AM
I bought the CMA PC DM-KIT and two MF Bonnets.

PPCL

3M IHG

AIO

SG

Souveran

Can somebody tell me which CMA pad goes with each product?

If a certain pad is to be used with more than one product, do I have to worry about the product that is left on the pad? Should I wash and and let dry? Or simply scrape out with a dull screwdriver.

Thanks!!

BARTZ
01-06-2003, 04:29 AM
Also, how should I go about applying SG by PC? Do I buff out completely on the spot(no pun intended) or create a light haze, wait for it to cure and buff off completely? Very confused. Same with Sourevan if it applies via PC.

ehgvette
01-06-2003, 07:09 AM
If the paint`s in good shape you can use the white pads for everything, the gray pad is generally used for finshing, i.e. the final glaze/wax. I said if the paint`s in good shape because you`d use the yellow pad for a bit harsher/oxided finish.

Have fun, I love my PC:p

getfit74
01-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by shivd

Also, how should I go about applying SG by PC? Do I buff out completely on the spot(no pun intended) or create a light haze, wait for it to cure and buff off completely? Very confused. Same with Sourevan if it applies via PC.

AIO and especially SG is made to, and is best applied by hand. There is no beneifit to application by PC and you will waste product.

imported_Aurora40
01-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Do a search for Klasse SG. There are a lot of application tips out there. Let it haze for a bit, though. I use a PC for AIO and SG and find it easier. AIO can benefit from it because of its cleaning/polishing ability. I find I can use less SG by PC than by hand. Souveran wouldn`t be worth the effort to try to apply to the PC pad. It is so easy by hand, anyway. Make sure you wait at least a day before topping the SG with Souveran to give the SG time to cure.

Also, I wouldn`t try cleaning the pad with a screwdriver! How many pads do you have? I`d say use a polishing pad with the PPCL, a polishing pad with the AIO, a finishing pad with the SG, and then a foam hand pad for the Souveran. You can wash the pads out after use (do a search for more info). A screwdriver would probably just tear the foam and ruin the pad.

nate010753
01-06-2003, 09:02 AM
They have the orange pad in stock now at CMA you may want to give that a shot as it supposedly combines the best of both yellow and white pads. I ordered one this weekend to test out.

ehgvette
01-06-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Avalanche

AIO and especially SG is made to, and is best applied by hand. There is no beneifit to application by PC and you will waste product.

Am I the only one who uses less product with a PC? I use more product by hand on my Harleys than doing a car with the PC.

edwin907
01-06-2003, 01:05 PM
russellp23, what is your method for applying SG by PC?

I`m a rookie at this, but it is very hard to not get too much SG when I apply it using the PC. Where as by hand, it`s not too hard to get just the right amount, or very slightly more.

Maybe I need to try the PC again with a little QD on the grey foam pad, and have faith that some SG is really going on the paint?

Thanks for any reply.

Edwin

TortoiseAWD
01-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by russellp23

Am I the only one who uses less product with a PC? I use more product by hand on my Harleys than doing a car with the PC. Nope, you`re not the only one. If I Zaino by hand, I typically use a tad less than 1/2 oz. By PC, it`s between 1/4 and 1/3 oz. I`ve also applied Blackfire by PC . . . man, that stuff spreads forever. One coat took only 4.5 ml! (For reference, one ounce is about 30ml.)

Tort

imported_Intermezzo
01-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by russellp23

Am I the only one who uses less product with a PC? I use more product by hand on my Harleys than doing a car with the PC.

Not only do I use less product, but I also get a very even layer of application. No more areas of slightly thicker & slightly thinner application, which also makes buffing the product that much easier.