PDA

View Full Version : Arghh Hate Neighbors!

Pages : [1] 2

jerry@robs
01-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Look at what happened to my car!!!

Saturday my wife and I went to a nearby province to visit a friend (about 80 miles travel). When I got there, I dusted the car with my duster, then QD`d... This is how it looked like after the travel.

http://pics.montypics.com/theveed/2003-01-05/img_4857.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/theveed/2003-01-05/img_4858.jpg

That`s the hood reflection on the nylon parking cover hanging 15 ft high. Not bad...

We went home and I washed my car that night (actually it was about 1am Sunday already), got some tree sap and bugs on the way home. The following day (Sunday), my wife and I didn`t leave the house coz we were both tired from our trip... I knew that the car will be dusty if we don`t use it (coz it`s very dusty on our street...) BUT...

I never thought that 12 hours can do this much!!!

http://pics.montypics.com/theveed/2003-01-05/img_4914.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/theveed/2003-01-05/img_4915.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/theveed/2003-01-05/img_4917.jpg

OUCH!! WTF!!!!???

I knew our place was dusty but this is ridiculous!

After rinsing with A LOT of water, I washed the car, needless to say, there are micro marring on the surface, I just hope it`s on my Fusso sealant and not on the paint. It came right off after some hand applied Meg 66 and resealed with my Fusso.

Guess what, after 20 minutes (I showered and had a snack)...

The car was dusty again!

I dustered the middle section to show you how fast the dust settles

http://pics.montypics.com/theveed/2003-01-05/img_4937.jpg

I walked outside our garage and wha-lah... I saw our neighbor`s 4ft gravel mound right next to our gate... Since our parking lot forms some sort of a vacuum when the wind blows, the gravel travels into our garage like a Shop.Vac

Hate neighbors... Grr...

imported_Intel486
01-05-2003, 09:32 PM
I love my neighbhors too! They built a nice wall for me!

Is the gravel mound always going to be there? Maybe hose it down so the dust doesn`t blow until they get it move or insist that they put a tarp over it with some bricks to hold it down.

It sucks the dust into your garage?

jerry@robs
01-05-2003, 09:42 PM
I`ll probably talk to them this week... The mound has been there for about 4 days now...

We don`t really have a garage, just a gated 6 car space so it`s not covered in any way...

----------------------------

STREET

mound

----------- gate -----

(assume 2 parallel lines that sandwiches the gate)

So when the wind blows (usually from left to right), the wind will travel from the gate, to the left corner of the garage, then out on the right side of the gate...

Pats300zx
01-05-2003, 09:45 PM
I hate my neighbors also. My neighbor now has decided to throw food off his back deck to feed the birds. I not talking bird seed here. I am talking regular freaking food. I live in a townhome and have an end unit so space between the houses is limited.

This week he decided to throw the remains of his daughters Happy Meal out the window. I`m not even sure that they have a garbage can cause I never see one at the curb.

So now I have to keep my dogs from going over and eating what they have disposed off. Not to mention that I have caught 2 mice this week in my house...

So yes I hate my neighbors also.....:argue

jerry@robs
01-05-2003, 09:48 PM
There outta be a global Autopian village where cars are always shiny and clean and covered garages everywhere hehe.

samiam513
01-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by theveed

There outta be a global Autopian village where cars are always shiny and clean and covered garages everywhere hehe.

That`s my stret. 3 neighbors. one to the left has a 32 ford hotrod, 2 Porsches and a Chevy Xtreme show truck, and 3 daily drivers, next to him dude has a Black corvette that has only come out of the garage 3 times, and next to him is a man who had a vette, then trtaded it for a Rousch Expedition to sit next to his f250 diesel, and golf course mower (1 acre yard too :rolleyes: )

There I am with myy flood lights, wax shelf, and a perfect street.

When there were water restrictions, city offered $250 to anyone who reported "illegal" water usage. 1ce a week for nearly 6 mths. 0 calls. :D

Ohh I never want to move, and I hope they don`t either.

scoop
01-06-2003, 12:54 AM
wow detailing in the PI I never would have thought...

when i was there like in bacolod, taculin, and in manila the roads were always dusty.. i would have probably given up.

detailing jeepneys? :D

jerry@robs
01-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by AzN Retribution

detailing jeepneys? :D

That would be a snap since 90% of those junks are made of unpainted stainless steel, all you need is a hose and cheap metal polish hehe... Bacolod... quite far... what did you do there?

scoop
01-06-2003, 02:10 AM
one of my uncles is there n he has hte biggest house of my family so when we go to the PI we usually stay there. I have a pretty big family(dont most flips?) went to Illoillo(uh forgot spelling. i was 15 when i was there last). Valladoled(province, my dad`s family is here), i forgot the name of the islands and the city/area where my mom`s family is from..

lol

Im a americanized filipino.

also

isnt the traffic in manila hell?

from what i remember im terrified of the thought of driving there.

jerry@robs
01-06-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by AzN Retribution

isnt the traffic in manila hell?

from what i remember im terrified of the thought of driving there.

Hell`s a much nicer place to drive hehehe... check this out... www.pbase.com/theveed/hate_traffic

I`m going to put up a enclosable tent within this quarter... this is getting out of hand... when the rainy season starts, I can be sure that there are a lot of other things hitting the car...

AWDRATT
01-06-2003, 05:33 AM
I don`t know what to call it, but that is not dust to me.

I hope some people would be considerate enough to know that they are not the only ones residing in this planet.

jerry@robs
01-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by lynxowner

I don`t know what to call it, but that is not dust to me.

It`s gravel.. I saw it outside... :(

stoneweed1
01-06-2003, 05:02 PM
i got these curry-breath neighbors who each morning put out a handful of bird seeds outside their driveway which attracts large # of birds who end of pooping all over my vehicle every morning. granted the birds are going to be there regardless, but the seeds attract an overwhelming # which increases the probability that i`ll get bombed which i always do.....

they are such idiots, they just bought 2 new vehicles and they don`t seem to care that the birds they attract splatter their car as well.

any suggestions on what to do besides shooting the birds?

C. Charles Hahn
01-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by stoneweed1

any suggestions on what to do besides shooting the birds?

uhh.... shoot the neighbors?? :D :D (I`m kidding of course)

tkr128
01-06-2003, 08:48 PM
I have an annoying neighbor as well. I used to park my car in front of my garage door (I live in a townhouse where about 20 houses share one driveway). One day, he decides to call the police and gives me a parking ticket, for parking in front of my OWN garage. I am then forced to park outside on the street. What happens now? He turns the sprinklers on my car. I wipe off all the water from my clean car. Guess what he does now? He turns the sprinklers on again.

In terms of detailing, his car is a wreck. I dust my car regularly with a CCD. He sees me doing this and takes a chicken feather duster to his car. He washes his car with a bucket of water and one dirty rag. No hose, no rinsing, just wiping it down.

I have stories worse than these about him.