PDA

View Full Version : polymer sealers + wax?

imported_NHBFAN
01-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Anyone use a sealer like Klasse AIO or UPP and follow it with a wax e.g. Blitz? I think they are both excellent products with easy applications, but I`m not sure if you should mix the two types.

bigpoppa
01-05-2003, 03:35 PM
I know a lot of people have great results with Klasse SG topped with P21s or Pinnacle Souveran.

imported_NHBFAN
01-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Ds01C5

I`m trying to find an alternative to Klasse SG because of it`s difficult application.

mrdetailer
01-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Thanks, Ds01C5

I`m trying to find an alternative to Klasse SG because of it`s difficult application.

Klasse All in one as a base coat.

Blackfire Paint Protectant

P21S/S100 a week later.

These should compliment each other very well.

schoi
01-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, lots of people top their sealants. Having seen both ways on my car, I`d go w/ a carnauba topper any day.

Pics of AIO x 1 + SG x 2 + P21S topper:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17602

(if you get to the pics through the link to pbase, make sure to click on the thumbnails to see them... they look so much better that way. And excuse the wheelwells, I washed them today. ;) )

imported_ThreeSixT
01-06-2003, 08:19 PM
If you don`t like SG, you can always go straight to P21S Carnuba from AIO. Some people here skip the SG application and still get great results. I personally prefer SG due to the added shine and it`s protective components. :xyxthumbs

imported_NHBFAN
01-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone!

As I researched further I found some posts claiming SG is a breeze to remove while others claimed it`s a bear. I totally confused now.

Jngrbrdman
01-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Thanks for the tips everyone!

As I researched further I found some posts claiming SG is a breeze to remove while others claimed it`s a bear. I totally confused now.

SG is a breeze to remove if you applied it in thin coats and you buff it off properly. If you expect that you can lay it on thick like a carnauba wax and then just wipe it off without difficulty then you are in for a surprise. It can be the easiest thing to work with and it can be the toughest. It just depends on how you put it on and how you buff it off. Its not tough once you get the hang of it.