PDA

View Full Version : What not to/to apply using PC?

SoTex
01-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Now that I`ve bought my PC I`m ready to get things going. All I`ve used is P21S paint cleaner and P21S Carnuba. Which of those can I apply using the PC?

Also, what products should I consider using with my PC?

Jngrbrdman
01-04-2003, 11:13 PM
You can use the PC for applying anything. Even paste waxes can be applied with a PC if you can get the wax on the pad. I think Zaino is the only thing I`ve read about that didn`t really work that well with a PC. I can`t remember for sure what was said about it though. SG shouldn`t really be used with a PC either. Everything else is fine.

You definatly want to use a PC if you are going to be doing any swirl removing. Waxing and applying sealants is easy to do either way. Its up to you. PCs mostly save you time and effort. Most jobs can be done either by hand or with a PC. Swirl removing is tough work by hand, but its possible.

shaf
01-05-2003, 03:21 AM
You will find small camps of people who apply even Klasse SG and Zaino (Showroomlincoln?) with their PCs, but I think you shouldn`t squander your P21S by trying to PC it. By the time you apply this awesomely easy to use product onto the PC pad and place it on the paint, you could have already waxed it by hand and buffed it off - it`s THAT easy! :xyxthumbs

TortoiseAWD
01-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I think Zaino is the only thing I`ve read about that didn`t really work that well with a PC. I can`t remember for sure what was said about it though. Applying Zaino by PC works great! The Zaino website claims that applying by machine wastes product, but in my experience, the opposite is true. I get thinner, more even coats, and use less product than when I apply by hand (I usually average about 3-4 coats from one ounce with PC application). I`m always amused that the only applicator I`ve tried that seems to actually waste Zaino is the Zaino cotton applicator . . .

So far, the only people I`ve seen that say using a PC with Zaino is a Bad Thingâ„¢ are those that a) haven`t tried it, and b) stick pretty tightly to the Zaino instructions.

Tort

ChevyFan
09-10-2011, 09:15 PM
KSG with DA? really. Hmmm maybe I`ll try it. Always done it by hand because its so fast, but maybe I can get a more even coverage with the DA.

Accumulator
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM
KSG with DA? really. Hmmm maybe I`ll try it. Always done it by hand because its so fast, but maybe I can get a more even coverage with the DA.

While I do all sorts of stuff by machine that others do by hand, I can`t get a properly thin application of KSG by machine. Maybe I could if I used the LC gold LSPing pad, but I simply can`t do it with any of the other finishing pads I`ve tried.

But then I`m a bit of a fanatic about thin KSG applications, using *far* less than an ounce to do even the largest vehicles.

autoaesthetica
09-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Accum have you tried like "JAMMING" it into the paint, the KSG I mean when working with a PC?

Dan
09-11-2011, 07:39 PM
I gotta try Zaino via PC. I can mix up a 1oz batch of ZFX`d stuff and do a car 3 times. Wonder how far I could go with a PC. I wouldn`t dare with KSG. Once you had it set to concrete, you fear the stuff.

Accumulator
09-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Accum have you tried like "JAMMING" it into the paint, the KSG I mean when working with a PC?

I can`t really do that on the vehicles I use KSG on (well..."used", haven`t KSGed anything lately) as I only use it on paint in very good condition and any microfissures/porosity/etc. are taken care of by the underlying KAIO. I did try it once on a not-so-swell service loaner I detailed, seemed of maybe some benefit for the first coat but after that it was pointless (just KSG going on top of KSG).

I do know what you mean and I sometimes "work my LSP" but I only reap benefits when doing that on imperfect paint, and only *sometimes* even then (usually works best with waxes). I tried working the FK1000P on the Tahoe, but (perhaps because of the ZAIO I used first) all I got was tough removal with no added benefit.

And working subsequent applications usually leads to issues so after the first coat I`m all about "gentle". And I simply don`t use KSG unless I can do at least four layers (preferably more).

OK...gotta admit I`m kinda close-minded these days when it comes to KSG :o I find it *incredibly* easy to use (on by hand, off via MF bonnet with a quick by-hand follow-up) and I get over a year of durability once I layer it on enough. One of those "no way to improve upon this!" situations, at least the way I see it.

I wouldn`t dare with KSG. Once you had it set to concrete, you fear the stuff.

It`s weird...I simply never have issues with KSG, even when I applied it goofy-thick as an experiment :nixweiss And I do mean "goofy" as in a thick white crust :eek:

imported_MCA
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
I just cannot get a good application of KSG when I use a machine. It`s kind of funny actually - I can get thin and uniform applications with a PC, but i have to apply by hand if I want a "whisper-thin" application. I have better control of movement and hand pressure when not using a machine (but I get tired more easily of course).