PDA

View Full Version : JT International: "Micro-touch" or "Ultrafine"?

PiL
01-04-2003, 08:20 PM
These will be my very first MF towels. Which would you recommend? I plan to use these to remove wax/polish and to remove quick detailer between waxes. I plan to buy the waffleweave for drying.

Thanks!

imported_Goose
01-04-2003, 09:14 PM
I been wondering which one to order too so I just been useing PakShak for the time being

detailbarn
01-04-2003, 09:16 PM
I can`t speak for JT`s towels but I would look into Microfiber Tech , Ian is really pleasant to deal with and his towels are top notch.

PiL
01-04-2003, 09:32 PM
I decided to go w/the 16x16 Micro-touch towels. Tom said that they were more popular of the two. Also, they come with peel-off tags :up !

shirtman
01-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Fantastic stuff. I have probably 30 or so MF towels from Tom at JTIntl, and they are great. Fantastic service. Also have four of his waffle weave which work wonders without scratching.

Enjoy. You can`t go wrong with Tom. No affilliation.

Jeff

dshaw
01-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Hi PiL,

I got both and I prefer the micro-touch because of the texture. But they are both great towels and Tom`s service is top notch! :)

spin

TheOzzfather
01-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Black02Z28LS1

I been wondering which one to order too so I just been useing PakShak for the time being

Pakshaks towels are great. I would say for the money they are one of the best around.

autohubgroupph
01-04-2003, 10:28 PM
I have some of both and prefer the ultra fine for paint. THe microtouch are great, but don`t feel as soft. I end up using them for windows and interior detailing more than paint.

shaf
01-05-2003, 03:11 AM
I was wondering about this too, and was thinking about emailing Tom Gong about it. There are threads discussing this in the past, but I could never really figure out the real difference. :confused:

Do the Ultrafines actually have a thicker (taller) pile than the Microtouches, or is the pile more densely woven closer together or what? "Plush" isn`t exactly a scientific word... :nixweiss

mzgloves20
01-05-2003, 07:22 AM
I`m sticking with Ranny until his towels scratch my car...so I may never switch....lol....

Pats300zx
01-05-2003, 07:40 AM
I have both the JT International and the Pakshak towels. I think both towels are top notch. I even purchased one of the JT waffle weave towels but I found that I ended up liking the Pakshak 24 x 24 towel much better for drying.

Personally, I think Ranney`s customer service is unmatched. Plus he is a forum member :D