PDA

View Full Version : first garage cleaning ( none hose style)

nate010753
01-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Just wanted to share this experience to benefit all the other apt dwellers such as myself that don`t always have access to a hose.

I live in the North East and right now the roads are full of salt and sand. As most of you know when you drive in this crap it make your car look horrible. After searching the forum I decided to go to HD and get a garden sprayer for like $20. I then went home filled it up grabbed my QD and some MF towels and got to work. I worked one panel at a time soaking it and then wiping it dry with one MF towel then sprayed some BF QD ( I happen to be using BF right now) and then wiped that panel clean. Worked my way around the entire car. It looks great I left my dam camera in my apt but I will get pics and post them next time I am out there or better yet I will take some before and after shots next time I go out. I was really happy with the results I got and it only took like 20 min to do the entire thing. The 2 gallon capacity of the garden sprayer was more than enough to get the wheel wells and all. More importantly I now feel better that there isn`t a ton of salt and sand on ym car right now.