PDA

View Full Version : Int.cleaning,carpet`s-seat`s ect...

Fallz
01-04-2003, 01:16 AM
For doing interior cleaning. Scrubbing carpet`s & cloth seat`s ,stain removal,drying ect... What is the best way, for a weekend warrior to handle this (without buying an extractor...Intel).

What type of cleaner ?

Scrubber ?

Tip`s on drying ?

Wet & dry vac`s...anygood to use ??

Thank`s

Fall

Knight
01-04-2003, 01:26 AM
You can get a reasonably priced extractor. Like a bissel. It works wonders on carpets. Best interior tool I have. Run about 250, 300 dollars. Or, you can do it manually, but it can be messy.

Manually,

Pre-spot and srub with a brush. ( cleaner and degreaser, or meguiars makes a good product I believe.)

Do someting else around the car.

Come back and brush spot again and apply cleaner to entire carpet area, and wipe with a towel and scrub fast. The towel will be dirty and removing the dirt. Very messy though.

Don`t you have some type of a household steamer machine? Extractors will do the best job. I bet you can find a good one for like 200 bucks. I wish I had intels extractor, but 1400 dollars!. I bet it kills everything though.

:up

shaf
01-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Do a search for carpet/upholstery/interior cleaners or cleaning. There are several on the market that would probably be good for casual use. Ones that come to mind would be like the foaming Prestone product, or Blue Coral Dri-clean (which comes in a spray bottle). I have this but haven`t used it that much yet. I was attracted to it because it says to spray it on, scrub, let dry, and then just vacuum it off. Most others say scrub, wipe with towel, let dry, then vacuum.

Of course if you get a cheap extractor (less than $100 gets you a Bissel) you`d use a different technique. Others just use their wet/dry shop vac.

jcattarulla
01-04-2003, 04:42 PM
I keep CARBONA CARPET WIZARD in my trunk for the occassional oil stain on the mats, and it works really well.

Sirslap2
01-04-2003, 06:34 PM
What about renting one of those carpet steamers from a local store.

My Haynes manual said to keep an eye out for someone having their carpets cleaned in your neighborhood and then walk up and ask the guy while he was there if he would do your vehicle.

Not a bad idea.

Best to do it when it is warm out so it dries instead of mildews.

imported_Intel486
01-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Fallguy

For doing interior cleaning. Scrubbing carpet`s & cloth seat`s ,stain removal,drying ect... What is the best way, for a weekend warrior to handle this (without buying an extractor...Intel).

What type of cleaner ?

Scrubber ?

Tip`s on drying ?

Wet & dry vac`s...anygood to use ??

Thank`s

Fall

Wet/Dry Vac and a hose... :)

I`m serious, it works!

Prestone Carpet cleaner is good. It does leave a chemical smell while drying though.

Just open your car and pop a few fans in there to help move the air around.

A good brush with nylon bristles will work for scrubbing. Check in the Pots and Pans area at Wal-mart and get a brush for cleaning pots and pans. I have a little one I use to hit spots in tight areas. I also have a bigger brush for cleaning big areas.