PDA

View Full Version : Get your vehicle clean before drying it!

CharlesW
01-03-2003, 07:58 AM
One thing that I think gets overlooked once in a while is the importance of getting your vehicle truly clean before drying it with truly clean products. I have gotten some comments about using multiple buckets for washing, but I don`t get any scratches or marring. I`ll take the comments any day. If I have an extremely dirty vehicle, I sometimes even wash it twice. Wash, rinse, change wash water, wash and rinse again. Start with a clean wash mitt, if the water gets extremely dirty, change it, if you drop a towel, get a clean one. If your drying towel gets dirty, you didn`t get your vehicle clean when you washed it. One grain of sand or piece of dirt can undo hours of work in an instant.

Charles:wavey

Lowejackson
01-03-2003, 10:07 AM
100% agree, washing your car with dirty anything will not give you a clean car. The only thing I would add is that if you drop your MF towel on the ground and it gets any grit on it - bin that towel or use it for something else other that your car.

Steven

imported_Intel486
01-03-2003, 03:17 PM
My cousin is like that... a complete jacka$$.

He is a bar tender... well he more of helps out the real bar tender. Goes to get ice, takes dirty glasses away, etc. He doesn`t like his job so he wants to move down here and work for me. :rolleyes:

I went with him to wash my Aunts Z3 and he was trying to tell me all these tricks to detail a car. I believe my favorite one was, "The trick to getting a car clean is when you dry. That is when you get all the dirt off!"

The sad thing was is he was serious...

I plan on driving my truck up there sometime with all my detail supplies and doing all my familie`s vehicles including the abused Z3.

shaf
01-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

I went with him to wash my Aunts Z3 and he was trying to tell me all these tricks to detail a car.... He was trying to tell you?? :nono :argue :rolleyes:

Another tip is that if a lot of time has elapsed between when you started washing and when you`re ready to dry, it might be best to give the car a quick but thorough hose-down to rinse off any dust that may have settled. Likewise be cautious if you`re washing in windy conditions.