PDA

View Full Version : So what are folks favorite chamois?

Onehole
01-03-2003, 01:36 AM
I have tried the P21S Drying Towel, but did not like it.

I`m currently using an old favorite...an Audi Synthetic Chamois, but are looking for something bigger and better.

imported_ThreeSixT
01-03-2003, 02:35 AM
...the Big Blue Drying Towel (waffle weave MF)...or the Absorber as a cheaper alternative.:xyxthumbs

Knight
01-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Nice, and big towel, plus MF. The Absorber I do not like. My friend has it. Get`s dirty pretty quick, and he mentioned after a while it starts to leave water lines and loses it`s ability to pick up water. MF big blue is the way to go.

:up

CharlesW
01-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Knight

The Absorber I do not like. My friend has it. Get`s dirty pretty quick, and he mentioned after a while it starts to leave water lines and loses it`s ability to pick up water.

One absorber I have had for at least 4 years. Works good for me as a first pass, followed with a MF towel. No water lines, picks up water fine. If your friend`s drying equipment, towel or chamois, is getting dirty, he is not getting his vehicle clean when he washes it. I rinse my absorber well, both before and after each use, but only wash it in a Dawn & water solution about every 4-5 times I have used it.

TortoiseAWD
01-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Waffle-weave microfiber! :xyxthumbs

I`ve tried cotton towels, the Absorber, and Wizard`s Water Bandit; waffle-weave MF beats them all hands-down, IMO.

Tort

Kleanride
01-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Wizards Water Bandit....I have been using the same one for years, VERY durable....starting to show its age, but thats quite alright. LOVE the waffle like texture much more then the smoothness of the Absorber.

:cool:

Jngrbrdman
01-03-2003, 10:53 AM
I`d been using Absorbers for half a dozen years before I found the BBT. Now waffel weave drying towels are my weapon of choice. The only thing I use the Absorber on is for drying the engine.

Paintxpert
01-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Big blue waffle weave from MFtech :D :up

Brad B
01-03-2003, 11:58 AM
I agree, I will lay the Wizards Water Bandit :up on my car and soak up most of the water then easily take up the residual with just one Waffleweave:up It`s super fast and spot free.

nate010753
01-03-2003, 08:56 PM
calif water blade and the big waffle weave from mftech and quick work of water. It is such a great combo!!! As I am always worried that the water will dry in the sun b4 I get to it! :xyxthumbs

imported_Intel486
01-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Brad B.

I agree, I will lay the Wizards Water Bandit.

Where`s a good place to buy one of those? I still haven`t found a chamois I like.

I currently use 100% cotton bath towels!

Mindflux
01-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Intel486

Where`s a good place to buy one of those? I still haven`t found a chamois I like.

I currently use 100% cotton bath towels!

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/

http://www.firstclassshine.com/11066.htm that place has it with free shippin