PDA

View Full Version : PC buffer pads

wizardofahs
01-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Since it looks like i might be getting some really nice cars comming my way to detail i`ve decided to upgrade my suplies (most are ~1 year old, towells and pads are really not doing well). What brand pads do you use? I think most people will probably say CMA since those are the easiest to get and most talked about. But, has anyone tried the others and have some real input? I personally found the meguiars a little nicer to use than the CMA ones, and they did better after a wash or three.

JAGOWNER1981
01-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Where did you get your meguiars pads, and which cutting level and colors did you get? Thanks.

wizardofahs
01-02-2003, 12:50 AM
I got my meguiars pads from a local paint shop. I got the part numbers from meguiars website and they ordered them for me. I think they were ~12 a piece. I got the red one which is like the cutting pad, and the yellow witch would be the softer polishing pad. They are different than CMAs in that they are thicker and in the center they stick outward a little, rather than going inward. They really hold up quite good for the first few washes... but i feel like they can do a little better job still. Overall i think they are worth a try.

CharlesW
01-02-2003, 01:53 AM
The Meguiar`s pads and backing plate are available direct from Meguiar`s at a very good price. $24.95 for two polishing and one finishing pad, no plate. $32.95 for the same three pads and a velcro backing plate. The system works great for me, but it is just for personal use. I didn`t feel I needed the red, (cutting), pad, but it can be ordered for $9.95. Shipping was $5.95 for the 3 pad set. Call them as the web-site doesn`t show the pad and backing plate combo.

Charles:xyxthumbs