PDA

View Full Version : Brothers & sisters shouldn`t marry

baker999
12-31-2002, 06:54 PM
Question for the experienced detailers -

I just washed and clayed my car in preparation for a polish and wax job this weekend. I inspected the paint from hood to trunk and top to bottom. The car is new so there was NOTHING on the paint. Yesterday, I found a present from some inconsiderate inbred - a nice scratch in the drivers door . It`s about 5" long and I can feel it with my fingernail. I don`t think it`s down to the base coat but it`s beyond the standard swirl mark. WHAT DO I DO? (No - I can`t shoot the person who did it.)

Thanks in advance for your help!:eek: :mad: :scared

imported_Intel486
12-31-2002, 07:46 PM
If you try to take it out completely, then you risk breaking completely through the clear coat. You will eat through all the UV protection of the clear trying to get it out also. If you want to take the risk, then go ahead.

The best thing to do would just be to try to reduce the visibility of it. If it is on a dark color, then you probably have the whiteness to the scratch. I believe working the scratch with Eagle One`s Scratch Remover will really help hide the scratch some. Might want to pick up a small jar of it as it is cheap and a jar will last forever.