PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I`d have this product in my hands.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

shaf
12-31-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

Some times even us mods have to hold back for cracking a good one :nono :shocked :shocked

Yeah Jngr for $1400 I was hoping that you`d get a buzz off of it or be able to smoke it or something. ;)

Nagchampa
12-31-2002, 12:53 AM
Are you going to do a side by side comparison with anything?

thevolvoguy
12-31-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Nagchampa

For that price, it should apply and buff itself.

It would be nice, but I dont know if I would trust the quality of a "magical" application and buff. It seems it would work to fast, or miss spots.. and I guarantee those wizards arent using MF`s.

Will it QD when finished?

Sorry for the corny jokes, I couldnt resist:bounce

edit: woo hoo, 600 posts :D :D

Jngrbrdman
12-31-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by bmw530i2003

Hey Jngr:

What is it that makes it expensive....does someone have to go into the Brazilian Amazon Jungle in order to extract the ingredients to make it????

You get free refills on the jar for life. You just send the empty container back to Zymol and they send you back a new one full. Its the case that is worth 1400 bucks. The wax is probably el cheapo stuff. We`ll soon find out.

procareman50
12-31-2002, 01:41 AM
Well let`s see:

Klasse 16 oz. ~ 20 bucks.....1 oz per application....2 applications per year......8 years

$20/8years......~$160/64 years - plenty of detailing years

Same with SG - ~$20 - say 4 layers (4 oz.) every 6 months....2 years

$20/2 years....~$640/64 years - again, plenty of years....

TOTAL: 64 years (average) worth of Klasse......$800

Now how is Zymol Vintage a bargain my man??? Just my $.02

LOL........:xyxthumbs :bow :wavey :D :p

1andrews
12-31-2002, 10:07 AM
I have to say, it sounds like great fun to be able to message a wax into your car with your HANDS! Are there any other waxes that work well this way and don`t cost me my soul (like perhaps p21s? can you use that with your hand with good results?)

just curious ;)

imported_memnuts
12-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by bmw530i2003

Well let`s see:

Klasse 16 oz. ~ 20 bucks.....1 oz per application....2 applications per year......8 years

$20/8years......~$160/64 years - plenty of detailing years

Same with SG - ~$20 - say 4 layers (4 oz.) every 6 months....2 years

$20/2 years....~$640/64 years - again, plenty of years....

TOTAL: 64 years (average) worth of Klasse......$800

Now how is Zymol Vintage a bargain my man??? Just my $.02

LOL........:xyxthumbs :bow :wavey :D :p

Jngrbrdman got it free!!! All the math in the world can`t beat that deal. :xyxthumbs . The person that sent him the sample drives a Ferrari. I do not think the the real economics really matters to him.

:nixweiss

Jngrbrdman, I bet`cha that everyone that is making fun of your $$$ wax would be rushing you a PM if you were giving it away.;)

Jngrbrdman
12-31-2002, 10:38 AM
Well, if this stuff were to cost 70 bucks per jar (like Souveran) and you were to use two jars a year (many pros on this site can do that) then 1400 bucks may be a pretty good year over your carreer. Its no match for Klasse, but Klasse isn`t a carnauba. ;)

Now, if this wax is better than Souveran then it would mean that its on the level of P21S (uh... can you say $25 per jar). Using that twice a year would make it a lot less economical. From what Frank said, it isn`t as good as P21S. I guess this is just for people who don`t know much about quality and just want the name. If they only knew... :)

imported_memnuts
12-31-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Now, if this wax is better than Souveran then it would mean that its on the level of P21S (uh... can you say $25 per jar). :)

Those are rather strong words there.:D

Jngrbrdman
12-31-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Those are rather strong words there.:D

Just my opinion, of course. ;)

billrouleau
12-31-2002, 11:22 AM
Let`s not forget about the time value of money :D You gotta plunk down $1,400 now, versus $25-50 a year for the rest of your life...lots of lost interest. :eek: :wavey

Murrayhe
12-31-2002, 11:33 AM
I think that product is only worth it if you own a detailing shop... or are just filthy rich!

getfit74
12-31-2002, 12:15 PM
Zymols top end waxes are in a different detailing "strata". The Zymol company has been around a long long time and has always been regarded as an elite product. Comparing them to the favorites here just doesnt make sense. Zymols waxes are made from 100% natural organic stuff like Melon oils and bee wax extracts to soften the carnuba rather than silicone and petroleum distallites (sp?) Its meant for garage queens and super wealthy people who want no harsh solvents touching their $25,000 paint job. I dont use Zymol and probably never will but it probably doesnt deserve the bashing it gets on this board. Hey, if it didnt sell they wouldnt make it. Do a web search on Zymol there is a few good reads about how they make their top end stuff.

P.S. I have used Zymtol

Carbon and it wasnt

too bad.

Jngrbrdman
12-31-2002, 12:32 PM
I can see that. I think the reason that Zymol gets bashed is because it costs 3 times more than it is worth. They advertise it sooooo much and that price shows up in the cost to the consumer. The rational that just because it sells means it can`t be all bad isn`t totally accurate. I mean, look at some of the crap products that are out there that sell off the shelfs of AutoZones and PepBoys all over the country.

I`m not doubting that Zymol is a good product. I`m just doubting that any Zymol product is worth the price they put on it. Some people feel that if they paid a ton of money then it must be good. Not always true. Sometimes the unadvertised underdog is a much better item. I mean, how many times have you seen a Ferrari commercial compared to a Ford commercial? ;)

rstype
12-31-2002, 12:45 PM
I cannot wait to hear the results, Jngrbrdman. Who knows... it might be the latest "great" thing...

:nixweiss