PDA

View Full Version : When to use clay bar

goixiz
12-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Im new to clay bar

When and what condition of the car that requires claybar ?

Do some of you claybar the whole car ?

And do you section the claybar to use instead of the whole bar ?

imported_Tony
12-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Try a search on clay bar. Here is one thread:http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17283&highlight=clay+bar

good luck

nate010753
12-30-2002, 09:16 PM
I just clayed my car this weekend. From what I have read and what most people will tell you is to take a sandwich bag and put your finger inside it and run your fingers over the paint. If you feel any resistance or unevenness then you will need to clay. I did my entire car it was a pain in the *** but worth it. I broke the clay in half and used that bit to do the entire car. you can actually feel the stuff on your paint while your sliding the clay over the it. It really works well. you can also use soap and water as a lubricant if you don`t want to wasts a QD. Good luck man

imported_ThreeSixT
12-31-2002, 01:50 PM
I agree. It is a very tedious process (aka PITA), but well worth it in the end. Now get to work:xyxthumbs

Brad B
12-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Please check out the other thread in this forum on claying for some good tips.

Even NEW cars right off the lot can benefit from claying. You would be amazed what a difference it will make to the feel of the paint.

You can do a quick claying of the whole car in an hour. The top horizontal surfaces, which are the most likely to need it, can be done in twenty minutes. It`s that fast and easy. Much easier than waxing or compounding.:xyxthumbs

shaf
12-31-2002, 03:41 PM
You don`t even need to use the plastic bag if your fingers are fairly soft. Just make sure the paint is dust free and perfectly clean before you feel it up for bumps and grit!