PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle souvern over Zaino

Hawkeye_TDI
12-30-2002, 06:03 PM
I just put a long anticipated coat of this very spensive wax over three layers of Z2. I had been salivating with the mere though of adding even more depth to an already brilliant shine.

When I uncovered the car I stood and gazed at the Z2 glimmer and wondered how it could get much better. I proceeded to apply the wax and to my surprise I could see no difference. Now subjectivly speaking I did this under sodium and florecent lights. Under these conditions I see NO difference at all. Perhaps in sunlight I`ll see it. So I continued to do 1/2 the car hood and door. When the suns out again I`ll look once more.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I did a really good job with the Z2. Frankly if this is all souvern is then I`ll stick to Zaino

My .02

Bruce

Jngrbrdman
12-30-2002, 06:21 PM
Carnauba glow and depth is best seen in the sunlight. I have seen threads regarding carnauba toppers and Zaino before. It does seem that it has been recommended that Zaino just be left alone. Carnauba toppers are great on Klasse and other sealants, but Zaino isn`t really one of the sealants that benefits much from it if I remember correctly. I`ll have to dive in and do a search on it.

Hawkeye_TDI
12-30-2002, 09:04 PM
As soon as the sun reappears I`ll have another look. The weather looks pretty grim for the next few days,

Bruce

;)

C. Charles Hahn
12-30-2002, 09:12 PM
I have experimented with an S100 topper over Zaino, it does add the "carnauba depth" to the durability and shine of Zaino. Can`t say with souveran as I`ve never used the stuff.

bigpoppa
12-30-2002, 09:56 PM
don`t be disappointed with Souveran because it didn`t make Zaino look better. IMO - that`s a next to impossible test. They each have their strong points, and look great in and of themselves.

SergC
12-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Ds01C5

don`t be disappointed with Souveran because it didn`t make Zaino look better. IMO - that`s a next to impossible test. They each have their strong points, and look great in and of themselves.

Couldn`t say better than that:up

Serg Conon

DETAILKING
12-31-2002, 12:36 AM
I noticed a slight difference in the look of the car. I have pics for comparison I need to dig up and post......let me start looking for them. I since upgraded my computer and all my pics are on cd.

TheOzzfather
12-31-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Carnauba glow and depth is best seen in the sunlight. I have seen threads regarding carnauba toppers and Zaino before. It does seem that it has been recommended that Zaino just be left alone. Carnauba toppers are great on Klasse and other sealants, but Zaino isn`t really one of the sealants that benefits much from it if I remember correctly. I`ll have to dive in and do a search on it.

And saw no noticeable difference to be honest. NYDetailer swears by it over final polish. I am waiting for him to send me a bottle to test it on the GF car. But save the wax it does no good on top of Zaino IMO.

Hawkeye_TDI
12-31-2002, 05:20 PM
I`ll use the VERY SPENSIVE pinnacle on the Z3 and 95 M5.

It won`t be wasted.

The reason I tried it was because I had heard that PS has a warmer tone than Z2, but this is not the case. Many people have said that Z leaves something to be desired on dark cars. Though this may be true in some peoples opinions I do not see it.

I have three layers of Z2 on so perhaps this leaves little room for improvement. Also the Z2 feels slicker the the PS.

I`d say all things being equal they are comparable at least in appearence. I understand the knock on PS is dust attraction and short life. Time will tell

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Happy Happy,

:bounce