PDA

View Full Version : Mixing car wash

imported_edschwab1
12-29-2002, 05:51 PM
The last time I washed my car, I tried Meg Soft wash gel. the wash gel had lots of suds, but did not have the slickness or the cleaning ability of GC. The combo wash, rinsed off without a problem.

I like the suds of the soft gel and the slickness and cleaning ability of GC is all right to mix the two washes?

Eric

Richt
12-29-2002, 06:34 PM
strange i always get plenty of suds with my CG wash, uess i depends on the water maybe?

Not sure about mixing them, guess it should be ok though?

imported_Tony
12-29-2002, 09:12 PM
I like to pour a little GC into a bucket and then spray strong water pressure on to the GC. Lots of suds. The water pressure helps to make the GC foam.

good luck

Idrops
12-29-2002, 10:00 PM
Earlier today I mixed some Pinnacle shampoo with GC. I wanted the suds of GC and the stripping action of Pinnacle.

Mindflux
12-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Hrmm. I always get good suds with Pinnacle. What stripping action does Pinnacle have? It seems pretty gentle. :nixweiss

I don`t see why people are obsessed with suds anyway, it`s a biproduct of mixing the soap with the water. As far as I`ve always read it does nothing "extra" for you.

shaf
12-29-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

I don`t see why people are obsessed with suds anyway, it`s a biproduct of mixing the soap with the water. As far as I`ve always read it does nothing "extra" for you. I feel the same way. Suds look nice and all, but don`t do any cleaning or anything. :nixweiss Products like QEW work without suds all together.

Idrops
12-30-2002, 07:23 AM
I`ve always felt Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo strips wax but makes little suds. GC seems very mild but makes a lot of suds and that is why I mixed the two for this job. Two weeks ago I started to detail a used car I recently purchased. I did the following:

Dawned

Clayed

SMR

MOR

Then the weather got too cold but yesterday was in the 70`s so I did this:

GC/Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

AIO x 2 with PC

SG

I didn`t feel the need to re Dawn or clay but wanted a very good cleaning before the AIO.

BTW this is the first time I did the AIO with the PC and boy was it easy! I will never do this again by hand.

RobertMells
12-30-2002, 08:07 AM
What kind of wash mitt are you using? Sometimes different mitts affect the amount of suds.

Idrops
12-30-2002, 11:08 AM
100% cotton chenille

Jngrbrdman
12-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Isn`t it the suds that float the dirt off the car while washing? Maybe that is just an old wives tale that I heard when I was a kid. :nixweiss All I know is that the amount of suds you get is proportional to the amount of soap you use. One drop won`t create the suds as one cap. I`ve always liked my soap really sudsy. Pinncale seemed to work really well for me. The suds didn`t stay quite as long as Gold Class but I do believe that it did the job just as well. :nixweiss