PDA

View Full Version : To all my Zaino loving friends......

Degislek
12-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Alright the next nice day we have here I am going to detail my car. Here is my game plan:

1) Wash with dawn (I know the dawn isn`t needed but it can`t hurt either)

2) Clay the car.

3) Wash again (Not needed but.....)

4) Dry the car (I think this is pretty obvious)

5) Tape off all of the plastic trim. (does anyone else do this? will the tape leave a residue behind? Is there special tape?)

6) Meg`s #9 SMR 2.0 with the PC and a white pad from CMA. If that doesn`t do it I will move to a yellow pad.

7) Here is where I`m stuck! DO I wash the car agian before doing Zaino or will Zaino (Z2) bond with the #9? :confused:

8) After the Zaino coating(s) I would like to put on some Carnuba (p21s/s100) To get the depth.

Also

Does anybody have a opinions about putting some vinlylex (SP?) inside the wheel wells I heard this makes them easier to clean. I also heard it attracts dirt like crazy.

Please help the newbie.

MrLoveLoviro
12-28-2002, 07:57 PM
I would rewash but I am no expert. I use Zaino but no swirl remover. VW`s have an aesome look with p21s/s100.

chevyguy28
12-28-2002, 09:00 PM
To save yourself some time, move your wash from Step 3 to Step 7. The first time you wash (Step 1), there is no reason to use Dawn. Your final wash before Zaino will require dawn to remove the oils from #9.

As far as taping the trim, test the tape you plan to use and see if it leaves any residue. Zaino leaves no white powder behind, but #9 just might.

SergC
12-28-2002, 09:02 PM
#1 in Your plan should be right before #7 to wash off Meg #9`s oils,Zaino will not bond propetly:wavey

Hawkeye_TDI
12-28-2002, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JustinTRW

[B]To save yourself some time, move your wash from Step 3 to Step 7. The first time you wash (Step 1), there is no reason to use Dawn. Your final wash before Zaino will require dawn to remove the oils from #9.

Is that true for 3M SMR too? I just do a quick QD with Z6 and a MF. Did I goof?

chevyguy28
12-28-2002, 11:07 PM
I have not used 3M SMR, but from the postings of others, it doesn`t leave much in the way of oils that could prevent Zaino from proper bonding. In any case, I read of people doing dawn washes after SMR anyway (I`m not really sure). If you didn`t, you should be fine.

Hawkeye_TDI
12-28-2002, 11:10 PM
5) Tape off all of the plastic trim. (does anyone else do this? will the tape leave a residue behind? Is there special tape

I use 3M painters tape. It doesn`t leave any residue at all.

paco
12-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BIGkev1001

Alright the next nice day we have here I am going to detail my car. Here is my game plan:

1) Wash with dawn (I know the dawn isn`t needed but it can`t hurt either)

Dawn could actually hurt with just one wash. Check the archives from about 12 months ago and you`ll see that some are of the opinion that even one alkaline wash could potentially lead to problems down the road. Ron K. had a very detail post about his opinions.

I personally find that a bit of stretch but there are some posts suggesting that it could be a problem.

Paco.