PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys questions??

jon_fl
07-30-2004, 10:05 AM
For a 2 step process, how does EX-P on top of PwC look on a black and/or a silver metallic car?

Will the PwC take out minor scratches?

Since Poorboys doesn`t have a wash, what wash works well with their products?

What does Natural Look smell like? How strong is the smell?

EBPcivicsi
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by jon_fl
For a 2 step process, how does EX-P on top of PwC look on a black and/or a silver metallic car?

Will the PwC take out minor scratches?

Since Poorboys doesn`t have a wash, what wash works well with their products?

What does Natural Look smell like? How strong is the smell?

I think PWC topped with EX-p will look grerat.

Though the PWC is non-abrasive, I have seen it take it out minor marring with a PC. So I guess the answer to your question is, it depends on the application material/technique. I think it does a pretty good job of removing minor marring.

Any wash. I like NXT or GC bang for buck.

Natural look smells like blueberry koolaid, very sweet candy smell. I lke the smell, it is pretty strong.

freedre
07-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I have two coats of EX over EX-P on my black Accord and it looks pretty good. I haven`t tried PwC yet, but from what I understand it works like a glaze and will fill in minor swirl marks.

I have been using Meg`s Deep Crystal for the washing; it was the cheapest thing on the shelf. It seems okay, lots of suds anyway.

jon_fl
07-30-2004, 11:37 AM
More comments on this product please. Is the smell that strong and like blueberry koolaid? Not exactly what I was looking for. I kind of like the new car smell.:cool

fireman03
07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
NL to me smells more like cherry. It is rather strong and may mask the new car smell to some degree but I would not categorize the smell as offensive. It is a good product.

jon_fl
07-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Is there another leather/vinyl product that won`t mask the new car smell? Maybe 303? I`ve just heard so many good things about Natural Look though. :-p

rollman
07-31-2004, 12:11 PM
Can you dilute Natural Look and is it still as effective ? TIA

jon_fl
07-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Actually, I thought the same thing. I believe it`s water based so I don`t see why not. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. I can always use it on the tires, right?

awd330
07-31-2004, 12:34 PM
On black, I like SSR1 and EX with carnauba. On silver, my choice would be PwC and EX-P. You can top either combo with Natty`s Wax.

Natural Look has a cherry smell. It has a fairly strong scent, but it will dissipate in a couple days. NL is water based and can be diluted, but I prefer to use it full strength to retain its cleaning properties.

4* Ultimate Leather Conditioner will give you that "new leather" smell.

rollman
07-31-2004, 12:35 PM
I can always use it on the tires, right?

I just did a search about it . I couldn`t find anything about diluting it but like you say its water based so why not. During the search I did find people using it on tires.

awd330
07-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Actually, I thought the same thing. I believe it`s water based so I don`t see why not. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. I can always use it on the tires, right?
Bold n Bright might be a better choice for tires and wheel wells. It`s also water based and can be diluted. I use full strength on tires and diluted 50/50 for wheel wells.

Boss_429
07-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by awd330
Bold n Bright might be a better choice for tires and wheel wells. It`s also water based and can be diluted. I use full strength on tires and diluted 50/50 for wheel wells.

Rats!!!!!!! I knew there was something else I wanted to order from Dwayne last night............... more B & B! Oh well, I guess I`ll wait and order some when the car wash, and wheel cleaners come out! :D

Anyway, I agree with Marj............. I would use the B & B on the tires/wheels/wheel wells rather than the NL.

awd330
07-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Rats!!!!!!! I knew there was something else I wanted to order from Dwayne last night............... more B & B! Oh well, I guess I`ll wait and order some when the car wash, and wheel cleaners come out! :D
Boss - I`ll be testing the super slick wash and spray/rinse wheel cleaner this afternoon. Look for my reviews later tonight.

Boss_429
07-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by awd330
Boss - I`ll be testing the super slick wash and spray/rinse wheel cleaner this afternoon. Look for my reviews later tonight.

Excellent! I really look forward to your reviews/pics!

I`ll block out an hour or two tonight to read it! :lmfao

awd330
07-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Excellent! I really look forward to your reviews/pics!

I`ll block out an hour or two tonight to read it! :lmfao
Just for that, I won`t include pictures.............

j/k ;) :lol