PDA

View Full Version : Ok, am I understanding this right? You can use Z2 w/o ZFX??

TheOzzfather
12-28-2002, 03:42 PM
I guess I missed that can some one tell me about that? It sure would cut down on the costs if you did not have to use ZFX every time you want to put a layer of Zaino on.

imported_BretFraz
12-28-2002, 03:57 PM
The flip side to this is dealing with the ridiculously long cure times of Z2 & Z5 without using ZFX. If you`ve got time to burn then feel free to skip ZFX.

IMO, ZFX makes Z2 & Z5 practical and usable. Without it Zaino simply isn`t worth the hassle.

Sharkie
12-28-2002, 06:37 PM
I only use ZFX on the initial coat or if I’m doing multiple coats in a day. The drying time of a single coat doesn’t seem to be any longer than something like Blackfire, Platinum or Klasse SG. I have seen a few threads where Zaino takes a long time to dry in hot and humid conditions though.

Adam

C. Charles Hahn
12-28-2002, 07:12 PM
yeah up until about a year or so ago there was no such thing as ZFX in a release form.... you had to use Z1 the first time and every 10 coats, but the rest was using it just Z2 after Z2, and only one layer a day.

tkr128
12-28-2002, 08:34 PM
You don`t have to use ZFX, but it does decrease the drying time and allow you to put on multiple layers in one day, otherwise, it takes longer to dry and you can only put one layer on every 24 hours.

Hawkeye_TDI
12-28-2002, 10:52 PM
I let mine cure, with no ZFX for a week. But I have a garage queen and it`s always under a cover, This is not always practical on a daily driver.

Bruce

imported_killerjg
12-30-2002, 12:17 AM
Do it all the time when I have to satisfy that urge to put a layer on, but do not want to mix any Zfx up.