PDA

View Full Version : Not again!.................

Scott301
12-27-2002, 03:23 PM
Hello all.

Several weeks ago, I posted about how I had used a sea sponge to wash my new black BMW for the first time and that I scratched it all up.

Well, after reading and thinking about it, I decided to try some of the Einszett polish and wax to see if it would at least cover it up. I also purchased a cyclo polisher from top of the line and some of their light cut polish plus all the pads, etc.

I first made sure it was clean and then put some of the Einszett polish on the machine and went to work. After I was done and had buffed it out, it looked great until I put it in the sun. It was WORSE!!

Then I decided to try the light cut stuff from topoftheline.com to see if I could get it all out. It was even worse now and the paint looks hazy. I hope I didn`t burn it. I was working on the back left door and back left quarter panel.

I really like detailing when it goes well but when it doesn`t, I almost go nuts. Maybe I need to see a professional.

:D

Anyone know of a detailer in the Raleigh, NC area who could help ease my pain? Better yet, I would love to know what in the heck I am doing wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Brad

imported_Tony
12-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Perhaps a review of Davids video will help

:http://autopia-carcare.com/lib/autopia/Buffing768.wmv

Good luck

shaf
12-27-2002, 04:41 PM
How thoroughly did you work in the polishes?

Jademonkey
12-27-2002, 05:13 PM
It might be that you did not buff out the product entirely(I am assuming that is what 4DSC was getting at)

Most polishes need to be worked in well and then the residue buffed off with an mf towel.

Scott301
12-27-2002, 05:41 PM
I thought that I worked it in very well. I was trying to put it ontop of Klasse AIO, SG so I guess I need to take that off first. I thought that the light cut stuff would have done that. I was thinking of using 3m adhesive remover to take off the Klasse and then try again.

Brad

Scott301
12-27-2002, 05:42 PM
By the way, the Klasse has been on there for about a month or month and a half so I wasn`t trying to put it on top of a fresh application of Klasse.

Brad

ClimberGuy4
12-27-2002, 06:09 PM
rightlane: downloaded the video cause I`d never seen it. Are there anymore?

imported_Tony
12-27-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by subterfuge

rightlane: downloaded the video cause I`d never seen it. Are there anymore?

Meguiars had a video on their site but, I have not check into it in about a year. Meguiars.com ( I believe)

Good luck

shaf
12-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by rightlane

Meguiars had a video on their site but, I have not check into it in about a year. Meguiars.com ( I believe)

Good luck I think it`s still there, but embedded into the page so you can`t download it. I didn`t think it to be any more valuable than David`s video though.

Brad, if you worked in the product really well, I guess you just have to wonder about any of the other possible culprits like dirt on the pads or paint. I don`t know about the Klasse though. :nixweiss Good luck and hope you get this problem solved.

Scott301
12-27-2002, 09:20 PM
Thanks,

Anyone think that 3M Adhesive Remover will take off Klasse?

Brad

Scott301
12-27-2002, 10:43 PM
Thanks all.

I will keep you posted.

Brad