PDA

View Full Version : Help with water spots...

imported_ZeroDfx
12-27-2002, 11:37 AM
OK, I did a full detail about 3 weeks ago with BF II. Car looked and felt great. Been really busy at work, and hadn`t washed the car in about 2 weeks, and my wife takes it to a gas station touchless wash, she was smart not to select the washes with wax, but without wax you get to dry, and she just parked it in the garage that night. I came out the next day and it was covered with white water spots. I cringed, but we were late for a trip to her parents house. We get back 2 days later and I try to use the BF QD, but that barely does anything. Is there anyway to get this car clean again without stripping the wax and starting all over?:confused: If I rub a spot pretty good I can get about 85% of the spot gone but I can still see the outline. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

imported_memnuts
12-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Welcome to Autopia,

Hopefully these are just mineral deposits and not clearcoat etching. You can try a 50/50 solution of vinegar and distilled water intially and if that does not work some straight vinegar (white). If this works you will need to re-wax (seal) the involved areas or better yet, hand wash the entire car and re-seal with BF2. In the future never allow any type of post washing beads to dry in place. Either dry down or drive very fast to allow the beads to roll off.;)

If the vinegar does not work try a paint cleanser (P21S, meg#2 ,3, or #9).

If etching has occured you will need to use a more abrasive polish like 3M Perfect-II or III.:xyxthumbs

imported_ZeroDfx
12-27-2002, 12:05 PM
Well damn, was hoping I wouldn`t have to re-do it all, but oh well. So would you think that I should also re-do the BF PP?

Thanks

imported_memnuts
12-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by reem01

So would you think that I should also re-do the BF PP?

Thanks

No if BF PP means BF polish. There is no need to re- polish to the entire car.

You can always just do a spot re-application of sealant also, but I am assuming these water spots are all over the car. If they are just on the top,hood and truck just reapply the sealant after rectifing the blemishes in these areas. Actually you can start with the BF polish to see if this removes the water spots also.:nixweiss

If so, just re-apply some BF protectant to the invloved areas or do the whole car.

imported_ZeroDfx
12-27-2002, 12:54 PM
OK, before I try the vinegar and water mix, I will try the polish to see what that does for me. Thanks for your suggestions, and thanks Jngrbrdman for cleaning this thread and making it all detail orriented. :)